1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling european blocks and such

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by f U z ! o N, 13 Oct 2004.

1. f U z ! o N

f U z ! o N What's a Dremel?

i think im going to use aqua computer and innovatek parts for my watercooling rig. i like how small the tubing is. not to mention the radiators i can get. the passive rads made by innovatek are so nice im thinking of buying 2 of them and a dual 120mm fan innovatek radiator. major cooling right there. EAT THAT HIGH FLOW! well i was wondering what kinda pump i would need. could i use 2 c-system pumps because of the amount of rads i will have or are those pumps meant for high flow? could i get reducers?

2. f U z ! o N

anyone?

3. Risky

Risky Modder

Try one pump first and then buy another if you seem to need it.

How about two passive rads, with their own pump feedign the loop. Leave the 2x120 for later and see how the passive works.

4. f U z ! o N

what about if i used 1/2"id Polarflo blocks then used reducers for the passive rads. that would severely hurt my flow rate wouldnt it? even with 3/8"ID?

5. Risky

Risky Modder

I don't that the passive rads look too restrictive. http://www.webshop-innovatek.de/00000094271139704/000000942713b3501/50142494350d4401b/index.html They take 1/4BSPP fittings, but that's pretty common to most blocks and rads (yes I know of some at 3/8 and 1/8).

If you want large ID then just get 1/2 barbs for the rad and fgo that way.

It might be possible to get other fittings for the blocks but you'd need to get them in whatever thread polarflo are using. It looks like BSPP:
    http://www.polarflo.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=53
    but that seems unlikely as its a US Company - then the're marketing it as an exclusive so maybe they've just bought a bunch of BSPP fittings! Mail them and ask if you want to go that route.

6. f U z ! o N

well what do you recommend. go low flow with aquacomputer and innovatek or go high flow with polarflo and the innovatek passive rads. how would i change the fittings on there? and finally, what would be the temp difference between high and low flow. im running a p4 2.4 ghz that has hit 3.06 (need better ram) and a radeon 9700 pro. but i may upgrade in the future so id have to buy new blocks again. grrr... (or change bases with the polarflo blocks) i really like the look of low flow because of the less tubing and its not taking up all of the case (i have a lian li v2000) but i dont know what to do. i really like those innovatek radiators. go high flow or low flow?

Tags: