1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News European mod-o-rama

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 15 Sep 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Nice, I liked the retro ads.

Though that "Full List" Link doesn't work, says I haven't got access to the BitTech forum page

3. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

Oops, fixd.

4. DougEdey

They all look nice, shame I have no idea what the text says :(

5. Sztiki

Sztiki What's a Dremel?

I don't think it would be a shame! Hungarian is a difficult language, even for us hungarians. :D

If you don't mind here is another link, where you can see all 30 machines, without any annoying hungarian text :hehe:
    pictures

6. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

cool, thanx. I can never get enough caseemod contest galleries (normal galleries have a lot of crap mixed in :p ). That retro makes me want to vomit, thank God those things are gone! But I appreciate the proffesional job they did on it. I like the integrated speakers on the Plexi mod on radikalmod or whatever it is. As my case will be the center of my entertainment center, I plan to integrate the center speaker for my surround into the front of the case.

7. DougEdey

Sztiki: Link doesn't work here

8. Sztiki

Sztiki What's a Dremel?

Yep, the server was down for about 2-3 hours, but now it ok again. Well, at least I can reach it :D
    I hope you guys too.

9. SutPet

SutPet What's a Dremel?

I'm a hungaryan and i able to see the mods in real. Last year i was a contestant too, but i dont won anything :p i hope i will be able to enter for the next year competition. It is a very good society and most of us know each other. I took some photos, i'll post some later if i can.

10. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

the internet is english, stop posting foreign :p

anway, back to sanity (even though i believe that should be true, i dont think we should force everyone to)

anyway they look good :)

11. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Don't be a ****.

More comments like this, and the revolving door that let you into the bit-tech forums from whatever troll-dwelling alternate reality you sprang from, will hit you on the backside as I kick you off.

Back on topic - Some great mods there. Those sort of events seem to have a really good vibe about them. :)

12. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

These events are really cool but i have one question. Why isn't there anything like this in the US? There seems to be way more interest in modding in Europe and I live near dang silicon valley and there's nothing over here. The closest lan parties worth going to are in Texas or Oregon. Its really cool that these countries take modding on a national level of competition. I wish people here cared that much about it.

13. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

^^^ I could be wrong, but I thought there were several national events that included modding comps in the US (Quakecon / C3 (if it's still going), etc)? Maybe someone could enlighten me, but that Hungarian event looked like only a part of a bigger computer/tech expo?

I always think of the US-only magazine modding comps/prizes and the US-only internet comps (Coolermaster is one example off the top of my head - must be US resident, etc) and think how lucky you are :) . Compared to places like the UK and Australia, the US seems to have a lot more going on for modding.

14. Sztiki

Sztiki What's a Dremel?

You're right, it took place in the same buliding, and the same time, with the "InfoMarket" expo, but the two things were completely separate. Most exhibitors, who came for the expo, were selling entertainment and multimedia stuff. The Mod Tech Hall was a totally separate attraction, and sadly the only dang place on the whole "tech" expo, where you could find computers/accessories, between chinese washing machines and fridges :sigh:

What you guys said, that you don't have modding contests, are pretty unbelievable for me :jawdrop: I read a lot of articles about award-winnig modds. so what award did they win, if there are no contests? In europe the most modding competitions are in Germany.

15. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

yay french mod for a change ! Retro look is funny... but I would not have it on my desk...

16. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

MS did something the English empire never could

What are the statistics these days ? Spanish used to be most spoken (long time ago though) i bet English has now over taken that by a mile (although its American English)

in this day and age, English is the language to speak, and soon those that don't will be left behind

But that's my opinion, and every is entitled to their opinion, no matter how many Nazi countries and people there are out there

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You're beyond idiotic in some of your comments sometimes. Im just trying not to take you seriously because you cannot possibly exist in real life. MS makes various versions of windows and just because you surf the microcosm of the english language internet doesnt mean the whole world revolves around it. Billions speak and read mandarin and spanish based texts on millions of websites worldwide, let alone whatever in other countries native languages.

18. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Look behind you, yahooadam....you'll see the line. (As in you've crossed it, to eliminate any misconception).

Please watch it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but wisdom comes in knowing which ones should be shared and tact is how you choose to do so.

19. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

KTHXBYE

I think you forgot Mandarin and Hindi. Oh and apologies to our American readers are in order.

Sure, you're entitled to your opinion. It's when you think that we're all repeatedly entitled to it as well, and when it's usually insulting to somebody, and always opinion-stated-as-fact that it becomes a problem. You've been warned a few times before by moderators to pull your head in. Bit-tech is a place where we respect others and look to foster a friendly international community.

Only one thing for it:

[​IMG]

20. Sztiki

Sztiki What's a Dremel?

Just one thing to mention:

I see you "rank" under your name: "Ultra csavarkulcs"

Do you know what "csavarkulcs" is?
    Actually it is the hungarian word for wrench :naughty:
    I thought you are english...

dang... I'm sure it read csavarkulcs about a minute ago. Now you got banned...

Tags: Add Tags