1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EVE Online TV show and comic in the works

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 29 Apr 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Cool. We're going to have a show about space pirates talking teenage trash about tits and boozing all day while griefing cluelessly wandering space pilots who keep asking "How do I... LOL?" questions.

Eleven of the 12 episodes will show nothing but 55 minutes of a ship mining a veldspar asteroid.

3. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

A video about the history of the Caldari Navy and how they mine asteroids and avoid pirates while sitting in their very expensive virtual spaceship after paying an expensive fee to play the game each month unless they have enough game money to pay for a free month which takes ages to accumulate even years in some cases

Apophis54 likes this.
  4. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

unless you sit 24 hours a day doing nothing but playing eve online all day having no life outside of it very sad

Apophis54 and Teelzebub like this.
  5. blacko

blacko What's a Dremel?

They need to do the BoB story.

6. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

If you find yourself mining in EVE, you're doing it wrong.

7. monkiboi

monkiboi Minimodder

fyp :)

8. ////\oo/\\\\

////\oo/\\\\ Minimodder

The Guiding Hand Social Club would make for a good episode...

9. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

What I'd hope for is a collection of stories with people making it out of impossible situations with only a sliver of hull left. Or sweeping stories with BoB, CFC, HBC, the Russians et al..

Hopefully it'll avoid the pitfalls of American syndicated sci-fi with heavy moral lessons, people staring deeply into each others eyes (like they're looking for stigmata) and sudden cancellation after the first season.

10. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

Agreed

Whatever non EvE players opinions of it maybe it should be applauded that a game is getting it's own tv show, being taken seriously enough by mainstream media to get it's own show.

11. CampGareth

CampGareth What's a Dremel?

Did somebody say Clear Skies? :D I'd love to see it done

12. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

HOT-DOG ALL THE THINGS!

13. Nicodemus_MM

Nicodemus_MM What's a Dremel?

Can't tell if being sarcastic or clueless... or a little of both. With an average player age nearing 30 (I've met one gentleman in his mid-sixties) it would be more accurate with middle-aged stoners whining about upcoming/recent changes, politicing and refusing to engage in anything that resembles a fair fight.

25% Super/Titan Low/Null blobs
    25% W-space T3 blobs
    48% POS/Station spinning
    1% Burn Jita/Hulkageddon
    1% Evenly distributed engagements... but that's only because a couple of roaming gangs accidentally jumped into each other and cyno support wasn't available. :D

OMG, Yes!

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I used to play it for a while (don't really have the time now); joined a corporation and did all that schtick. What put me off was the heavy emphasis on combat and how teenagers (or to be fair it could just have been players who behaved like teenagers) who had played long enough to build a heavily armed ship would swoop in and start shooting everybody at random. This forced me to build a heavily armed ship and start pursuing them. Not how I want to spend my spare time in space.

Perhaps the crowd has matured a bit since then. But I simply do not have enough spare time to spend the ages it takes to get anywhere in Eve stuck to the screen. Pity; the universe looks gorgeous.

15. ashchap

ashchap Minimodder

"Eve players are to nerds what nerds are to normal people" - Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw, Zero Punctuation

16. Risky

Risky Modder

I was tempted by Eve when it launched but given that mey gaming rigs tended to be out of action for months at a time I didn't want to commit to a monthly fee.

I get my space fix from the X-seriesgames which have the advantage of being purely single player and therefore ideal when you've had enough human interaction for a day!

Tags: Add Tags