1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Ever been hit in a car park?

Discussion in 'General' started by xen0morph, 9 Oct 2003.

1. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

It happened to my Micra today. There's quite a bad dent in the back right-side door panel. Gonna have a go at pulling it out using a dent repair kit - can't really afford to go to a body shop for something that doesn't affect the car's drivability.

Just left it parked in Asda, and when I came out the dent was there. Luckily none of the paint is gone, but it's still a bummer.

Does anyone have any experience of dent repair kits?

2. samuelellis

samuelellis New Member

bugger mate

those dent pull kits are pretty good

3. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

No experience with the dent kits, but I know that my parents cars have had a couple of dents put in them when parked.

4. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit No longer the other Brett.

Yeh had it done a couple of times, nothing major, but its a total pain in the ass.

5. micb

micb Active Member

Yep a white transit can bumped into my Volvo parked in a car park, luckly there was no damage, it was on the edge of my big grey front bumper and not on my door.

6. xen0morph

It's alright if your car is actually made out of manafactured steel and not tin-foil like mine...

7. micb

micb Active Member

That is one advantage to having grey/black bumpers that are not part of the paint/body work of the car.

All in one body bumpers mean the slightest knock and you need £100's of pounds of repairs.

8. xen0morph

Well, I've been considering my options, and I could either...

1. Remove the inside panel and try and push the dent out myself...
    2. Get a puller kit and try to do it with that

But if I try either of these I risk cracking the paint.

The other option is to go to a professional bodyshop, but that's likely to cost ~£50-100, or to get a door panel from a scrapyard and spray it, which is a bit ott.

9. Froggy

Froggy New Member

go for a dent puller. not the cheap $20 one seen on tv but one of the better ones that the body shops use.

10. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

I was parked in the lot at my highschool (back in the Day) getting ready for a football game, when a bus from the opposing school came into the lot, turned a corner too sharp, and drove OVER the hood of my 1980 Ford Thunderbird. Crushed it...

It was alright though, I had bought the car for $100, fixed it a bit, got $1000 from the school's insurance, and still sold the wrecked car for $125. Talk about pissed off though. I couldn't even see straight. The car had 238k miles on it when I sold it, so it had a good long life...

11. HellDiver

HellDiver New Member

Here's an idea - don't touch the dent. Then you've not problems with breaking the paint (which is easy to do on a Nissan, as they use ****ty paint).

12. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

If the dent isn't creased or on any creased panels, you could try the old fashioned method of using a toilet plunger to pull the dent out. I've done it before and it does work.

13. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

Yes, somebody put a dent in my car, but didnt leave a note. Sometime later somebody crashed into the side (it wasnt my fault) so I got the whole side redone by the insurance company.

14. Meblin

Meblin Supposed IR God!

What is it with Micras can no one see them?

My wife was backing out of a space in B&Q and saw someone also backing out opposit so she stopped and before she had time to move forward the other woman just bashed straight into the back of her brand new Micra (same as the one on the ad)!

But it would have been impossible to prove whose fault it was as the womans husband was with her and no one else stopeed to say they saw it. Cost me £100 to get it resprayed :waah:

Meblin

15. Mombassaa

Mombassaa New Member

cant you just leave it, a battle scare? dont some women find like big nasty scares running down the side of a guys face sexy? maybe it'll attraced some nice ladies

Tags: