1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Evercookie will track you down

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by julieb, 23 Sep 2010.

1. hyperion

hyperion Active Member

Like a slave who offers his master a brand new cane.

2. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Member

you have a point, I just dont like end users taking the hit for it first, that's all,lol

3. Micky999

Micky999 New Member

It's beatable, because that's how it works, someone makes something that's a bit arsey, another figures how to destroy it, and they eventually do!

This will not last long.

4. Phoenixlight

Phoenixlight New Member

What the **** was the point in making that? it's like making a virus then saying to everyone "hey look at this cool thing I made for your computers"...

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

If it can be done it will be done, such is human nature.

I'd rather this be released as an open source proof of concept so that it can be dealt with proactively than show up as an actual exploit and then have everyone scrambling to respond to it afterwords.

6. thehippoz

thehippoz New Member

just run a script to erase all of the relevant directories on login.. done :D

been doing that for long time.. remember years back even, guys used to think they were clean running private browsing in firefox.. you look in their flash cache and see horsescocks.com and rogain.com

the only deal running scripts is windows 7 64 bit has issues running certain programs as admin through the task scheduler- found that if you launch a cmd in admin using the scheduler instead, and sendkeys running whatever you need run and exit (a vb script ect..) you get by those limits

vista had the same sort of quirks so it was easy to implement in 7.. they are almost the same.. if someone put a supercookie on me- it wouldn't stick around more than a day, 1am to be exact!

here are all the directories you need to clean with firefox.. substitute the xxxx's

Code:
    target = "C:\Users\Mr. Burns\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys"
    target1 = "C:\Users\Mr. Burns\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\{XXXXXXXX}"
    target2 = "C:\Users\Mr. Burns\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\{xxxxxxxx}.default"

target3 = "C:\Users\{USER}\AppData\Local\Temp\*.*" 

7. Phoenixlight

Phoenixlight New Member

Sorry for being a noob but I'm guessing you put the code into notepad and put the user account name where the X's are? and what lines of code do you need above and below what you posted to make it run?

8. thehippoz

thehippoz New Member

go into those directories and replace the xxxx's with whatever you need to, it'll be different for everyone.. and the user name {USER} and Mr. Burns above

here's the rest of the code

Code:
    on error Resume Next
    Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

fso.DeleteFolder target
        fso.DeleteFolder target1
        fso.DeleteFolder target2
                WScript.Sleep 5000
        fso.CreateFolder target
        fso.CreateFolder target1
        fso.CreateFolder target2

Const DeleteReadOnly = True
    Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    objFSO.DeleteFile(target3), DeleteReadOnly

9. Phoenixlight

Phoenixlight New Member

Ok thanks :thumb:

Tags: Add Tags