1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Everything about Microsoft Surface - Pre-order, price and design decision

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GoodBytes, 16 Oct 2012.

1. terrorbyt

terrorbyt MultiModder

Yeah this is what attracted me to the Surface Pro in the first place, (not having a tablet or a decent laptop) but it seems to be more geared toward the tablet side of things, and not the ultrabook side. It's the screen size that bothers me the most.

2. Jehla

Jehla Member

Bah! that is most sucky! Concerns about the screen were raised in some of the reviews I read, kinda something you can only judge in person.

3. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

This is down my line of thinking. However I have just bought a 10" Galaxy tab II for €240 as a convenient couch internet browser/ebook reader and the occasional skype call. I couldn't justify the cost of something more expensive such as the surface or an apple device. Since all I would use are those two functions. One thing I've learned from my smart phone is I'm not a person that uses "apps".

4. rollo

rollo Well-Known Member

This whole surface rt is beginning to feel Hap hazard at best in the uk, no advertisement, no stores just how are people ment to know the product exists if its not advertised?.Once again microsoft treating the eu as second class people.

Pro must be available in a uk store so that I can use it before purchase otherwise I won't be paying for something I can't test before hand. A lot of people who I know we're intrested in this rt have since decided against it due to no prior testing. Tech people like to play test a product before buying.

Pure crazy stuff from Microsoft.

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

They are already selling out as it is, so perhaps advertising is not their biggest priority.

However if you go to the online Microsoft Store and browse to the Surface, it does point out that you can have an up-close and personal with the device at a Surface Experience Center near you. Note that they are all in the EU (and Australia), none yet in the US.

See this as testing the waters. Microsoft demonstrating that Windows hardware can be as good as Apple hardware, and testing whether the market goes for it. By the time that the Surface 2 is launched, there will be (physical) Microsoft shops all over the world.

6. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

7. terrorbyt

terrorbyt MultiModder

Hmm, I've never heard of someone with detailed knowledge of a product complain about lack of advertising. Why do you care about how many units they sell? It's going to do well, don't worry.

8. Mikee

Mikee New Member

There's a nice glossy two page ad for Surface at the front of this month's Empire magazine. They might just be a little slow off the blocks.

9. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I just saw the add on tv where they are all jumping about and casually throwing thousands of euros worth of tablets around.

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

The Verge, via Nokia, suggests that Windows Phone 8 will have a live lock screen. It's a little bit sad that I'm excited by this. :p