1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics EVGA Classified Graphics Cooling?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LordLuciendar, 25 Jan 2012.

1. LordLuciendar

LordLuciendar meh.

I'm looking to pick up three cards (two for SLI in my machine and one for the wife's) in the $200-$300 US range. I want to stick with NVIDIA, thus I was thinking GTX 560 Ti or 560 Ti 448 Core. My question is, I'm looking to get the most bang for my buck out of these cards, preferably from a factory overclocked card with a non-reference cooler.

My question is, is the Classified cooler on the EVGA GTX 560 Ti 448 Core Classified worth it?

Also, how do people feel it stacks up against the 560 Ti DS Superclocked, is it worth the extra cores?

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I should imagine at stock, both of those would perform about the same, since the DS version has a 100mhz faster core which will negate the effect of having the additional shaders. Having said that, obviously the Classified could also be overclocked. The coolers look exactly the same except for their colours.

What are their prices? You shopping at Newegg?

3. LordLuciendar

LordLuciendar meh.

Yea, I'm pricing things out at Newegg.

So, let me rephrase my first question.

Does the Classified cooler really offer increased cooling performance over the reference cooler and how does it compare to other non-reference designs by other companies?

I really want the most efficient cooling solution I can add for longevity. The system is all air cooled/ high airflow. I should also mention that in an ideal world, I would want to overclock the 448 core classified to similar speeds as the 384 core card, but I would only do this if I can do it stably within reasonable temperatures.

My second question you answered... I just can't wrap my mind around if the lower clocked 448 core is worth the price bump over the faster 384 core. I guess when I do the math to compare apples to apples the 448 is a bit faster but I'm looking for real world input.