1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 8 May 2015.

1. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

If you're not fussed about warranties, the ASUS cooler is honestly quieter and better.

That said, the ACX isn't too bad and seems to exhaust more air out of the case (relatively) so there's some merit to that. I'd say EVGA for the warranty and support. That said, I don't find the Asus products to be all that bad. The STRIX is a very solid card.

2. ydna666

ydna666 What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the replies. Currently EVGA are doing 5 year warranty and some retailers are giving Witcher 3 and Batman also?

I know over-clocking can be a bit hit and miss for some cards, however can this 970 OC easily enough to outperform a 980?

3. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Yep, EVGA has extended warranty if you register card before June 30. The games are part of Nvidia's current deal, not exclusive to EVGA, but do come with this card at present.

As for OCing, it honestly is too hit and miss to say. I'd say you'd be pretty unlucky not to reach an overclock that was pretty close to stock 980 performance - actually outperforming it would be a stretch I reckon.

4. Xir

Xir Modder

Asus doesn't need Warranty because of Asus! :D

Naah, you're right, I never compared warranties, I usually only use seller-warranty, not manufacturers. (As Germany has quite strong laws about this)

Tags: Add Tags