1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EVGA lifetime warranty its not true

Discussion in 'General' started by KeTeFLiPS, 4 Mar 2008.

1. KeTeFLiPS

KeTeFLiPS What's a Dremel?

Hello.

I bought one a year ago EVGA 7900GT.
    Yesterday started making weird stuff, so I decided to send RMA.
    I sent to EVGA an e-mail requesting information about how to RMA, this was the response:

If they do not give life time warranty for life in Europe whi they dont change the advetisings in the boxes?
    Then this is misleading advertising.

Im really... :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::nono::
    nono::nono::nono::nono:

WTF¿?¿?

2. Poisonous

Poisonous Incestuious

Make a friend in the US send to them, repair, send back. Might cost you a few quid in postage however.

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Take a photo of the box, take a photo of the receipt, if it was sold in the EU as Lifetime warranty you're entitled to it

4. KeTeFLiPS

KeTeFLiPS What's a Dremel?

They can see that the card its not sold in USA.

Hi.

¿receipt? I dont understand this word, sorry.

Thanks all.

5. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Receipt, proof of purchase, says what you bought, when and where from.

6. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

So, you're not in the Americas and you're not in the UK. If you want help, try to give us some useful information.
    • Where are you? Are you in the EU?
    • When did you buy the card? Under a year ago, over a year ago?
    • Did you register within 30 days for the Limited Lifetime Warranty? ("(All products not registered within 30 days will ONLY receive a 1 year limited warranty.)" But you still have statutary rights in most countries.
    • Which EVGA did you contact?
    EVGA America are covered by the fine print ("EVGA limited lifetime warranty is for North America, Latin America, and Canada only.") but you might stand a better chance with EVGA Europe. You could point out their 2005 press release.

7. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

you know, if you were to buy the exact same product, switch it for the broken one, then return the "defective" product you "just bought" you could get your money back.

but since you would never do anything that unethical, are there any bit-techers in the us with that same model that would RMA it in their name? i would, but i don't have the model (i don't even have a seperate video card)