1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics EVGA Step Up to a 2080ti?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GeorgeK, 20 Sep 2018.

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Rubbish. All of a sudden that makes it seem less appealing :( I have emailed EVGA customer support - last time I got an answer pretty quickly. I'll also post on OCUK thanks as I didn't know that EVGA reps were (occasionally) active on there. I guess I could ask on the EVGA forums too...

Cheers

Edit: As if by magic their response:

So that's good as shipping to the UK, including cover, would be less than £30 as opposed to £60+

Last edited: 26 Sep 2018
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

hah, I literally just posted on OCUK.....

Yeah that's not so bad. Listen though, man, just be careful. Make sure you use 100% original packing, 'cause I've seen cards sent otherwise rejected with damage. And I am not talking about shipping damage either, I'm talking dropped on the concrete floor once removed from the packing damage.

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun.

Glad she's on the mend. It's amazing what a tiny little organism can do to a person so quickly.

4. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Well-Known Member

I would do it for sure. I have used the step up programme a couple of times, and it was fine. Being without a card for a bit was the only issue.

In the long run the 2080 will hold it's value for longer, and you can always stick a block on it anyway.

Plus new shiny! Albeit a grossly over-priced and disappointing new shiny series. Nevertheless, it is still the fastest thing out and I would enjoy playing with it. You'll never get this value from your 1080 again.