1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EVGA's X58 SLI Classified uber motherboard

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 11 Jan 2009.

1. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

wow Im glad you guys are doing videos but damn have a script ready next time and be a bit less I dont know dead lol, also the camera needs to be better positions whats the point of having product in the shot when the camera is so far away you cant even make out what it is. Well for what Im guessing is a first attempt I will give it a D+

2. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

beside the whole video thing... that mobo looks kickass...... wtf... separate board for cmos reset and manual volt jumper? rofl!

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

Thanks for the feedback regarding the videos - we really appreciate frank, constructive and honest feedback. This was our first attempt at video and it's part of an ongoing trial - we're not going to be replacing text reviews, but it might add another dimension to future tradeshow coverage where there will be a mix of video and written content. I'd imagine that the videos will also be accompanied by text as well.

The reason that there was only video and no text for some articles was that I was the only person out covering the show for bit-tech (there were more journalists from other Dennis websites, who shot more video than we did) and my meeting schedule was packed from 7am to 7pm (inclusive) each day. I had to choose how to cover things fairly carefully, while also trialling some video and it's a matter of experimentation.

There is work that needs to be done on presenting the videos, but we're quite happy with how they came out for a first attempt - the best part of it all is that, from our perspective, the production quality is good and it's the presenting that needs work. From past experience, tradeshow interviews are completely unscripted (whether written or video) and it's just a matter of catching them on screen. That's easily fixable with a bit more planning/high level scripting, some practice and more time in front of a camera.

Tags: Add Tags