1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Evil Hitler Phone? Anyone Remember?

Discussion in 'General' started by Coelacanth, 24 Jan 2009.

1. Coelacanth

Coelacanth New Member

Sorry for the random thread, but I need help trying to find a copy of this page, or a relevant blog post...

So, a few years ago (my guess is 3-5 years), there was an ebay auction for a red phone, more specifically a classic rotary phone from around WWII.

Now, the specialness about the phone was written about in a story accompanying the auction. The phone was considered an evil phone, as every part in the phone, including the phones number in nazi germany, included the number 666. For example the serial number was something along the lines of 1234666, and some electronic component was SN 666, etc... Now, a red phone inscribed with the numbers 666 did not warrant an ebay purchase, but luckily the story continued. The phone it turned out was produced in the early 40's by someone under direction from Hitler, and was one of Hitler's phones.

Not only did this phone have historical significance though, as the description progressed even further, it revealed that the phone was possessed! He claimed that many calls were received from currently deceased people including a librarian from his early childhood. Next, he claimed that these lost spirits caused a table to light on fire, holy water to freeze, and other seemingly demonically influenced happenings.

The auction was a great read, and if true (doubtful) a great deal at any price, regardless of shipping! So if any of you remember this auction please help me find a copy, or some blog post referencing it. I know that it was at some point mentioned on a major blog (/. maybe?!)

2. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Whitelist Bit-Tech in your adblock!

Nope, but on-topic, does anyone know of an archive of that famous 'leather pants' auction page on ebay? It was a really funny read and the link got passed around a lot, but the item listing was eventually deleted (inevitably). It was too good to lose, I'm sure there must be a preserved mirror of it somewhere...

edit - nevermind, it still lives after all, and rightly so: link

3. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^