1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Evora 400 or... (fill in the blank)

Discussion in 'General' started by Mister_Tad, 6 Jul 2017.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Yep, seen that, tis sharp. Though to offset that, there's a Yellow Hummer H2 in the area as well (or was, come to think of it I've not seen it parked up recently, and I know it's not in the garage)

I live in Mapperley Plains (in? on? Anyway, you get the idea) and there's definitely plenty to look at, toy-wise, this time of the year.

Quite a bit of the standard Italian fare, which is nice to see, but never really triggers an "oooooohhh aaaahhh" moment, (though I do have a soft spot for the black-on-black Aventador in the area), apart from that though, there are some interesting cars kicking about. Through the trees behind me there's a well loved (and well tuned from the sound of it) 300ZX and what sounds like some classic American muscle (and sounds epic), which I've heard started and being driven away, but never caught a glimpse of. Problem is that he/she (let's face it, it's not the latter) only drives it in the summer, and you can only catch a glimpse through the trees in the winter.

There's also a guy on my street with a Polestar, which is probably rarest of the bunch :lol:

2. veato

veato I should be working

I expect I'll be bumping into the Evora (not literally hopefully) then as my kids go to Mapperley Plains Primary School.

3. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Please, not literally!

You must live right on the doorstep of the school. My daughter is starting school in September, and when we called the school to arrange a look around, they said not to bother because the "as the crow flies" rule fills all of the places each year by the time you're barely 100m from the school!

4. veato

veato I should be working

I know parents who got their oldest into the school then two/three years later (as they were slightly out of catchment) couldn't get the youngest in. We used to live on a little cul-de-sac at the top of Breck Hill so Mapperley was the catchment for us then and we didn't have a problem with either of ours. We did send them to the Mapperley Plains nursery too but I don't think that carries any weight for admittance to the school. I think Woodthorpe Infants was 2nd choice although I'd have been happy with either.

Anyway.... gone off topic. About my ride in the Evora.... :naughty: