1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Exams

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-23315, 23 May 2010.

1. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

I've got an exam in an hour and 15 minutes.

It's with a (Uni) lecturer who's a Mr (not Dr or Prof) and he "doesn't like to set exams which you need to revise for"

Unfortunately he's new and so we can't look at past papers to even try and figure out what might come up.

It might be essay based, it might be diagram based, it might be join the dots. We don't really know :hehe:

I'm kind of looking forward to it (in that I've always thought that exams should test general knowledge and your ability to think, and not simply how much you can cram into your head in the days/weeks before the exam), but I also don't have a clue what to expect.

2. PegasusM

PegasusM Stand back, I'm doing science

Good luck everyone with exams left.
    I've got 2 more, Programming with Java tomorrow and Software Engineering 2 on Friday. Can't wait for freedom again.... Oh wait, got to start 3rd year project next week ... :|

3. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Got AS Physics (Mechanics and Materials), AS Decision Maths 1 and AS Statistics 1 All Tomorrow :(

4. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

What exam board are you doing because I just had AS physics and it was Quantum Phenomena, Electricity and Particles?

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

The WJEC physics paper today was so easy it was ridiculous, and S1 wasn't too bad either.

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

It's not the exam season yet at my uni but today I had a small Math test and I think I just dodged a bullet. I was not ready at all. All I did was read some parts of the book. I did not do any exercise until I was doing the exam :hehe:

*must not do that again

7. Vigil

Vigil Not geek enough

Ugh... Exams start on monday. Uni decided it was a good idea to just have one huge exam at the end of the year with 8 different specialties, general medicine and surgery, plus a year's worth of pathology on top. I can feel my brains dribbling out....

8. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

My last one tomorrow! Philosophy of Science. Possibly my favourite course this year.

After that I have to figure out what to do with 4 months of nothing.

9. Hoffs

Hoffs Seek

Did S1 today... Found it relatively easy with a few testing parts.

Got AS P.E tomorrow and then Maths C2 and Chemistry Unit 2 after half term.

Then I can relax for the rest of the summer. And then it all starts up again in September.

10. knuck

knuck Hate your face

:eyebrow:

you poor guy :hehe:

11. Agamer

Agamer Minimodder

Got an exam on the principles of programming in an hour or so! Joys... Only 2 more to go after that though.

12. sharkbite1414

sharkbite1414 Banned

I dislike exams :(

13. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Timber Engineering on Tuesday is my last one, the unit was 50% coursework as well so it's a bit of a skive. Then 4 months of freedom :D

14. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

I never have to take another exam in my life.

but hey, enough about me! enjoy yours!

15. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Edexcel, and it was Unit 1. Don't think it went so great :(

16. Bufo802

Bufo802 Minimodder

5 exams down 11 to go....

17. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Ooh, you did PoS too? It should have been a great course, but we had the worst lecturer I've ever (ever) had, and so I hardly went to any lectures (and this is from someone who always goes to lectures). What did you cover? We were supposed to do all sorts including the 20th century logical positivism thing and thomas Kuhn and all that. In the end I didn't really study anything that wasn't related to the laws of nature, causation, or induction - I chose those because they're virtually all the same topic and I could pass the essay/exam with 'em.

18. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

We had one part on Popper, Kuhn and Mr Anti-Science Guy (forget his name) Feyerabend!, with a bit on realism vs. instrumentalism, then another part on philosophy of biology. The latter was good, one of the central questions was whether biology was actually a science or just a bunch of imposed categories and tautological truths.

I'm still not sure about any of the issues raised, which usually means it was a good course. (If you come out of a philosophy lecture convinced of your side in the debate, it was a bad lecturer.)

19. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Finished on Friday. Decided to head over to Spoons with a couple of buddies for some celebratory drinkage and found about half the year there already lmao (there are 140 of us in total).

Good luck to those still going.

20. knuck

knuck Hate your face

physics tomorrow
    chemistry wednesday
    math next week