1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Exapunks

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gareth Halfacree, 13 Aug 2018.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Oh, turning those on was a mistake. The top percentile for the one-nerve hack is 38 cycles. Thirty-sodding-eight. <gives up, deletes the game>

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I think I know how people are getting low cycles but I need to confirm something. I'll be on in about 20 mins

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

My initial idea didn't work and I ran out of time to improve it. I think it's to do with conditional clamping of the value. I also found Syntax highlighting for it on VSCode so i assume you can somehow link the 2

5. MLyons

Just found out you can use COPY F M:notes here fam instead of the NOTE keyword

6. Gareth Halfacree

Are you fully patched? That was a bug fixed in yesterday's update.

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Atm just getting it to work is a plus. Though i did get the pizza rave avievement.

8. Gareth Halfacree

I'm going to have to go back through for the achievements - I've only got the two for the minigames so far!

9. MLyons

I got it from a Reddit thread. Didn't realise it was a bug. :( was looking forward to using it.

10. Gareth Halfacree

Dude, that's cheatin'. You're supposed to attack the puzzles using nothing but your wits and the information in the 'zines, not borrow other people's stuff from reddit!

I ain't going anywhere *near* the subreddit until after I've finished the game. (Though I did post in it pre-launch to confirm to someone that the 3D glasses are in the envelope with the second 'zine in the physical edition, but I haven't been back since - and didn't look at any other threads.)

11. RedFlames

Whilst eating nothing but ramen [or pizza and donuts in exapunks' case]... bonus points for hackers on a second screen...

12. Gareth Halfacree

There's a Hackers-inspired mission later on!

13. MLyons

I simply went there to see how big the community was and it was mentioned in the feedback thread. I'm not using any solutions from it. That would ruin the fun of it. Have you found out how to do battles yet?

14. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Request video when you find out how to do battles - Epic Rap Hack Battles of History :p

15. MLyons

I think I'd lose my developer card if G was allowed to do that against me.

16. Gareth Halfacree

No - there's a "Multiplayer On/Off" setting in the menu, and I can see my friend's entry in the hack battles missions - but I can't see how to actually battle her. If I connect to the network, it's just the standard battle against the NPC.

17. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, cover the card in faeces then he definitely won't want to take it off you :D

18. RedFlames

I thnk i've spent more time staring at the loading screen than working on the puzzles.

19. Gareth Halfacree

I mean, there's no specific section forbidding a dirty protest , but I feel it's at least against the spirit of the forum rules.
    It takes absolutely bloody ages on my desktop - and the scrolling text background hitches and glitches, too. Fine on the laptop.

20. RedFlames

Yeah it really seems to chug a bit on a rust spinner...

Also i really suck at optimizing these kinds of puzzles...

Last edited: 15 Aug 2018