1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exceptionally annoying trumpet advert

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Picarro, 6 Jun 2013.

1. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Hiya people,

I have a couple of times gotten this exceptionally annoying advert that plays trumpets whenever it loads, at first I thought it might be a blurp and I let it slide, but I have now gotten it more than 4 times in total, and I was wondering whether this was a new marketing strategy that Dennis was launching? I'd rather not ad-block Bit-Tech as I know how important ad-revenue is for the site, but that advert is seriously annoying.

[​IMG]

Has anyone else gotten the same problem?

2. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

You may as well just install ad-block. Dennis have repeatedly applied incredibly intrusive adverts to Bit-tech so if they can't advertise sensibly they can lose their ad-money from me.

3. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Yep ad-block is the only way

4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

You guys do realize that those are DoubleClick (Google ads). right ?

5. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

They still go away with adblock :)

6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

What i meant that if there is an obtrusive ad in that spot, then you should complain to Google and not to bit-tech, as that is pretty much served according to your google ad profile (based on the country, what you searched for, what sites were you visiting with google ads etc etc).

In case of Picarro he got a stupid, obtrusive Danish ad because he is looking at bit-tech from Denmark.

7. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

+1 for adblock

8. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Dennis have chosen to make use of the service, therefore any complaints should be directed towards Dennis.

9. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove What's a Dremel?

@Picarro: I have the exact same annoying ad, and I honestly feel bad about using ad-block. But if it doesn't go away very very soon I will have to block ads on bit-tech, which I would prefer not to.

-Jacob

10. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

To be honest I can cope with ads, as long as you can ignore them if you wish. If ads are full screen or make you close it before you can get on a website, then its adblock all the way :)

11. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove What's a Dremel?

The one being discussed here plays a rather loud trumpet sound ... twice before going quiet and is just 2 steps to far for me. I realize sites have to make money and I don't mind at all... but when the adds starts adding sound effects.. then I get annoyed.

-Jacob

12. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

^^ This, maybe we should all constantly email Dennis publishing complaining about the intrusive adverts hopefully we will annoy him as much as he's annoying us :D