1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Excercise Ideas for Desk Bound IT Geeks! Try Salsa!

Discussion in 'General' started by 3dHeli, 3 Sep 2008.

1. 3dHeli

3dHeli What's a Dremel?

Information Technology's not the most energetic career path, but something needs doing to undo all that lard from the Fray Bentos Pies & Mars Bar snacks :naughty: . . . . So what do you do ? The worst one for me was the gym! Very boring, very unsociable, kept thinking through IT problems :sigh:

The best was Salsa. Great excersice - I can now run somewhere without passing out. Great fun and sociable, it's also a cheap night out. It turned out to be a good challenge to . . . . piloting a lady round the dance floor turned out not to be too unlike flying aerobatics with a model helicopter . . . I kid you not.

If you ever thought of bidding £10,000 at Children in Need for a one hour lesson & dance with the Strictly Come dancing pro's then their's a cheap alternative . . . you'll find amazing dancers at most local clubs, all you need is a few lessons behind you . . . give it a go. Classes are generally drop in, at various levels . . . but once strictly come dancing starts on the telly again, expect the classes to fill up rapidly.

Here's some link for those interested in finding out more.
    http://www.tracieslatinclub.co.uk - Weds/Thurs great for beginners Salsa, Southampton & Hedge End.
    http://www.justdance.net - Sundays Eastleigh.
    http://www.salsatwist.com - Tuesdays, 7 week beginners course, Portsmouth.
    http://www.salsakatanga.co.uk - Wednesday, Irish Club Portsmouth.

Last edited: 3 Sep 2008
  2. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

i just do gym, and listen to NYUB podcasts.
    then swim a bit and sit in steam room. v. relaxing, 3x a week.

3. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Or.... epic masturbation! Gets your arm in great shape AND improves you're mood! Even builds appreciation for cleaning! Can't lose! Start your fapping today!

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

It's all about the gym, or parkour.

Admittedly, they both involve leaving the desk, but getting into work via the windows is way more fun than the door, and if you try hard enough, you can use the net in the gym too :B

5. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

I challenge anyone to come to the xmas delivery schedule with me during this season, Guaranteed weight loss.

6. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

For me it's climbing 3x a week, kayaking 2x a week, swimming 3x a week. I HATE running and all running based sports :D

7. Major

Major Guest

It's running for me, loving it in Egypt at the moment, hills, heat etc, it's one way to get fit. ;)

First and second day I was sick near the end of my run, not very nice. ;)

IMO, people who go to a gym are already fit, and the majority of people who keep going to gyms are fit, if you want to go down the whole weights thing (I will be in a few months), then buy yourself a small home gym, read bodybuilding sites, and stick to a routine for 3-6 months, then when you have built a base, then go to the gym.

8. 3dHeli

3dHeli What's a Dremel?

Your post doesn't quite fit with your title . . . the evil elephant (Bit-tech's Heffalump) :hehe:

But does sound fun & challenging.

9. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

A bit of tennis when I can, occasional cricket and football on Monday nights is usually enough to keep me on shape. I dislike exercise on my own - it feels like a chore...

10. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

Personally use a bike for main mode of transport, (cheap, and is actually quicker to ride to tech then to drive for me), really need to start going for longer rides on my days off, have been contemplating joining the gym just really short on cash atm. And i have been contemplating starting salsa dancing, for a way to met new people and a friend was saying that there a 1:5 ratio in gender

11. studentgaza

studentgaza What's a Dremel?

ive used my elliptical cross trainer a few times while using my wireless keyboard and touchpad on the living room tv, the keyboard rests perfectly on 2 handle bar things lol. But i would defo recommend using an elliptcial cross trainer, its a great low inpact cardio excercise which keeps you in shape as long as u have a good diet aswell.

12. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Think there's a market for an electricity-generating stationary bike? WoW addicts can still stay fit by providing the power to their computer so they can complete that quest! ;P Hmm... an actual use for that "carrot on a stick" trinket!

13. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Cycling keeps me fit.

14. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

Cursed with the face of an elephant!! Oh the shame, the shame, theres nothing left but the shame! Nothing can make me feel better.... except cocaine.....

Anyway... I've always loved outdoor sports climbing, kayaking, canoeing, skiing, hiking I love em all. Its quite hard to balance them with the hours off net surfing required to maintain my inner g33k

Tags: