1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress EXO-S: TRANSPORT CASE DONE!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Mystikal0412, 31 May 2011.

1. Gentleman_Dingo

Gentleman_Dingo What's a Dremel?

Heavy Metal, my friends. More posts please! I'm dying of curiosity of how the finished product is going to look.

2. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Only just looked at this and WOW, very impressive! I agree with AnG3L, very gothic but striking at the same time, well done.

3. phuongdongdo

phuongdongdo What's a Dremel?

Beauty ^^!
    waiting...

4. Shael

Shael What's a Dremel?

More than definately please with the cpu block :D:jawdrop: overall i am loving the angles ans lines on this metallic armored beast, keep waiting to see lasers attached to it :lol:

5. Mystikal0412

Mystikal0412 Safety First, Think Twice!

After some silence we are back. We have been had some busy weeks due to family reasons, but still going strong in our effort to create something unique from our casemod.

We started to finalizing and preparing the case for the stainless steel sandingmachine. But before we can do that, we still have to add the logo to the case.

We found Rotako to help us out with their watercutting machine in order to create the logo which will be soldered on the front of the case.

[​IMG]

So we want to give Hans Rongen a big thank you for doing an excellent job on the logo of the Exo-S! Thank you for your help and sponsorship!

The logo will be mounted just below the radiator of the watercoolingunit in the front. The idea is to create a backlight in red, so the logo will be illuminated.

Logo
    [​IMG]

Beginning of next week we will mount the logo to the case and we need to create the raisers for the SSD. After that, we are all good to go for the next phase!

We are planning to finalize the casemod in the coming 5 weeks, hopefully the external parties are not close due to the holiday's otherwise it could be even more of a challenge.

awadon likes this.
  6. awadon

awadon What's a Dremel?

It will be really unique build. Keep working !:thumb:

7. Mystikal0412

We have created the raisers for the SSD. Those will be powder coated matte black as well.

[​IMG]

Furthermore we started working on the bar in which the Exo-S logo should be mounted on.

We took a bar and created and we divided into 2 'chambers' in order for us to get the Exo-S logo illuminated red and in the other chamber we will mount a CCFL which will shine over the motherboard from the front to the back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fitted between the frame.

[​IMG]

The Exo-S logo, perfectly created if I may say so! We used hex nuts in order for us to replace the light when necessary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the first try with some leds. No you see the separate leds reflecting on the iron. Once powder coated matte black, it will give a more overall flow instead of the bright leds.
    But it comes out exactly as planned. The reason why we don't use CCFL for this, is because with CCFL it is not possible to create that bright red color. It turns a little bit to yellow/pink.

[​IMG]

We were not yet completely satisfied with the top part of the frame so we added another bar, which really finalizes the top. On the right side we will create the same bar of course.
    But this gives a more 'in balance' look of the top part of the frame.

[​IMG]

Karrek likes this.
  8. TotalGaos

TotalGaos Stainless steel.. hmm..

This is great. I love that metal work. Maybe you should just clearcoat it once its done, I'm really digging this fallout-raw-battered-metal-post-apocalyptic look!

9. Mystikal0412

We have heard that more often, however due to the fact that not everything was welded correctly the first time, this would be visible if we not paint it. So that is a no-go.

10. Dark~3nergy

Dark~3nergy what was dat sandvich ?

nice work thar ! i wish i had such welding skills

11. (RFFN)-SqUeD

(RFFN)-SqUeD I eat dremels for breakfast

Your never too old to learn:thumb:! You just need the tools and experiment a little! after a while you can weld 2. I've been doing this for about 10 years now! :duh:

12. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Talking about me are we Cheaps? :D
    Fantastic work, I love the patterns.

13. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Gah! Threadjack/necrobump/summons! You hit a triple!:lol:

+1 on clearcoat. While it will probably look awesome cleaned up and painted, there's something really sexy about the rough metal look.

14. Mystikal0412

And in the meantime we have brought the Exo-S to the stainless steel grinder...
    Result: A 'complete' new look for the Exo-S, than the Exo-S we have worked on the last months.
    Tomorrow we will bring the Exo-S to the powdercoater and hopefully we will get it back, somewhere middle of next week.

See below for the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Gentleman_Dingo

Gentleman_Dingo What's a Dremel?

What? No insta-powder coat? I'm American! Where's my instant gratification!

16. Mystikal0412

I thought my English was above average, but I have no freakin' idea what you are talking about...

Drugzzz are bad 'kay.... :)

17. Shael

Shael What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop::D:jawdrop: umm wow that is looking sweet :thumb:

The stainless steel has come up beautifully (pity its gonna be powdercoated) that is an impressive (and heavy) scratch build guys cant wait to see more:clap::clap::clap:

Keep up the excellant modding :thumb:

18. mr.sh

mr.sh FEAR

Look so sweet.

19. Mystikal0412

All the 'light' spots is from the silver solder. That does not look nice in the 'real world' :p.
    Besides that, keep in mind, this case is build to be at is most beautiful at night. The darker, the better :)

20. Karrek

Karrek Minimodder

I love it! very impressive. can't wait for the pics after powder-coating.

+1 on wanting instant gratification...