1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Experience selling through CeX?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by silk186, 19 May 2020.

1. silk186

silk186 Derp

I have a few items I would like to sell: MacBook Air, iPhone and GPU.

I've never used or even been in a CEeX before. I've sold a few phones to GAME before but before the lockdown, I tried to sell her iPhone 7 to one. First, they said the SIM seal was not properly seated. I ordered a replacement part and they basically said, they don't want it. I don't really want the hassle of selling through FB or the risk of selling on eBay. How is selling with CeX? Has anyone tried to sell something through them during the lockdown? I didn't do extensive research but the prices don't seem that far off from eBay given the convenience. Thoughts?

2. sandys

sandys Well-Known Member

I often take old hardware there for vouchers if there is something I am after, painless experience and there hardware I have got from there has been fine.

Not sure how it works in lock down though.

3. silk186

silk186 Derp

As the site states at the top "Online buy & sell remains open. Our teams are working as quickly as possible to get orders out, but please understand that there may be delays. CeX UK stores are temporarily closed."
    The only thing I want to buy right now is a GPU, and would prefer to buy from here if possible. So, I would not be taking credit, which obviously pays more. Though it does seem people sell CeX credit, I'm not sure if that is permitted here.

4. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

Twice I've taken the gf's old iphones (I think a 5 and a 7) and the price they offered me was so close of what I'd expect on ebay I just did it to save me the hassle. Would use again.

silk186 likes this.
Tags: