1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 18 Nov 2007.

1. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

yes the combat AI I think so far has been the best I have seen to date,

2. naokaji

naokaji whatever

i loved F.E.A.R. back then when it was new...

but Perseus Mandate? no thx... i have TF2, Portal, HL2EP2....

3. Smoke Screen

Smoke Screen What's a Dremel?

Well,me thinks Perseus Mandate is just a pay-Mod based on Fear and not something "enhanced",while for example Crysis is
    an enhanced version of Far Cry. Both stressing old gaming principles to the max,but clearly Crysis looks far better - if u own
    the fitting hardware. Enjoyable are both. Same old are both. In fact u can slaughter crysis down not having something fresh in
    gameplay like Perseus Mandate was critisized. In the end all what matters is the personal taste.

4. HourBeforeDawn

okay I went ahead and got my friend to pick up the game =p and well to be honest if you didnt compare it to FEAR at all and looked at it as well its own thing unrelated it really isnt that bad and can be pretty enjoyable but if looking at it as an expansion to FEAR, it certainly is NOT but again just for play value its entertaining, as for story value, ya it sucked...

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

? Admit it: It looks like repetitive arse.

6. HourBeforeDawn

Okay I just finished playing this and well I take back what I said, it does tie into the story line pretty well if you go around and do all the answering machines and laptops just like in the first FEAR game and although you play as a different soldier which is the only real thing I dont like about the game, towards the end you find out that other soldier that you played was the brother to that guy you had to kill and after the credits end if they waited that long it shows a little clip of whats to come, and the bonus levels are amusing, is there some repetitiveness sure but most first person shooters have similar issues from time to time.
    The game was certainly entertaining enough and the story line details were interesting, the ending was a little easy though. Overall I would say 7 out of 10.

7. D B

D B What's a Dremel?

Just picked it up .. because I enjoyed FEAR so much and wanted a little gamplay this weekend to take my mind offa things ... too bad I can't install it :( ...when I try to pck somthing other than C drive to put it on, it says I haven't enough free space (I do) and of course I can't install it on C because I dont have the free space to do it there ...
    The response from Vivendi Games Technical Support:
    [My name is Scott. I understand that you are not able to install the F.E.A.R persues mandate on other drives.

The game is designed in such a way that even if you need to install the game on another drive you need to have 8GB free spacce on the c: drive.To install the game on any other drive please try the steps mentioned below. ]

and it goes on to discribe a drive letter path and a folder set up to fool it

WTH??? It's DESIGNED so that you need to have 8GB of free space on your C drive ??? it wont let you just choose another drive ?? ... never heard of such a thing
    Oh, and I like step #3 I've never seen a “+â€Â￾ sign ... quote: 3) On the left hand pane under Computer Management click on “+â€Â￾ sign next to Storage. :unquote

8. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Ok lets fix that for you:

Click on Start >> Run >>
    Type Regedit
    Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version
    On the right list look up "ProgramFilesDir"
    right click on it ''modify" it and instead of C: choose D: whatever driveletter you want the game to install.

Install the game.

After install do the above steps again and change back to C:

9. D B

D B What's a Dremel?

Cool It worked! ... thanks Obiwan!

I'll let the FEAR support guy know that the guys here at Bit-Tech are on the ball and came up with a work around ;-)

10. D B

D B What's a Dremel?

This is too good not to share
    I sent your fix to the support guys at FEAR (with props to you Obiwan and bit-tech) when I got home from work yesterday ... guess what I got in an e/mail from them a couple of hours later?

... your fix .. almost word for word, spacing and all :laughing: :D

Tags: Add Tags