1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows F1 2010 bug thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Nikols, 24 Sep 2010.

1. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Just pointed out a few things.

Anyway, this games starting to piss me off. I get a puncture or a penalty within the first lap or so every race and none are my fault. I don't take the car off the track, hit into anything and I get both. The penalty system is stupid. A car loses control right in front of me, I got nowhere to go so I get a drive through, effectively ending my race as I also need to go to the Pits for a new front wing and they add new tyres meaning I have to pit again.

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

QFT. I've played it on a 360 pad and I'm totally convinced it'll be a different game with a wheel. First impressions even on a pad are excellent though, it just needs a few tweaks to be utterly awesome.

3. 13en

13en Minimodder

Came across a fairly serious bug today - Q1 and pouring with rain, standing water all over the track. Q2 bright sunshine and a bone dry track. Hmm... doesn't seem quite right to me. Unfortunately the game doesn't seem to keep track of the weather between sessions, a shame considering it's supposed to have "the world's most advanced dynamic weather system".

4. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Thats a fairly massive oversight! and something that should surely have been noticed during testing.

My main niggle now is the same as pieface, the penalty system its overly harsh and doesnt take into account the circumstances prior to the warning issued.

EDIT: ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH i cant find the power adapter for my G25 no wheel racing loving here!! ive noticed another 'mistake' you dont get punished for crossing the white line after the pits, seems odd seeing as its so willing to warn you for just about everything else,

Last edited: 26 Sep 2010
  5. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

if youve lost it I have a spare (albiet broken) g25 here, im sure i can wing the adaptor to youfor some currancy exchange of equal value.

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

What's wrong with your broken G25? Can you not spank it back to life? :(

8. Tim S

Tim S OG

Not really a bug, but 100% race distance hurts my fingers! I guess it's quite realistic in that respect, since 59 laps around Albert Park would start to mess with one's neck and arms.

Also slightly annoying that you can't total your car when you lose it completely. I really want to have a Kubica (or Webber) moment and get some wings!

9. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Is this game any good ? I've read tons of complaints on various forums, far more than for Grid or Dirt 2.

It must be a bit rubbish to need it's own bug thread on bit-tech.

10. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I would wait till patches for it are out.

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

borked pcb in the wheel, the wheel itself is dead but everything else is fine.

12. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

How much would you be looking for? Ive just got home looking forward to a race or 2 forgetting i have no AC adapter:sigh:

13. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

That pit stop bug is a PITA arse and put me from 3rd to 24th.

The other cars turn into ghost cars and drive right through you in the pit lane entry.

I spun when leading a race and rejoined in third place to be then hit with a "multiple illegal overtakes" penalty.

I started a race yesterday (catalunya) with a 40% chance of rain and between being in the garage to going on track it was full on rain and i had a car setup for the dry but with full wet tyres.

Race engineer tells me my team mate has significantly faster sector times yet i'm in pole and he's qualifying in 14th position.

Get told to come into the pits and copy team mates setup but there is no option to do that or even see his setup.

Track information is rubbish, i'm a noob and i want to know if its a high down force or low down force track.

14. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Yeah, avoiding an incident and being penalised is very frustrating, especially when ur 3 quarters of the way through a wet race where it's a bloody miracle if u make it out of the first corner intact.

The game is potentially excellent. I thought a bug thread might keep people half thinking of buying it fully clued in. At the moment it's still enjoyable and compelling to play but very frustrating and biased against the player

Worth keeping an eye on

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/432050-f1-2010-patch-news.html

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Sep 2010
  15. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

I love the way it tells you to copy your teammate's setup, but there's no obvious option to do that.

Oh, and that it has exactly the same stuttering bug that's been in the engine since GRID. Although someone has worked out the fix for that now.

16. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

Its good but few issues i have is as said the warning / penalty system is overly harsh.. car overtakes and slams into my side for slowing down i get a warning or penalty.. Other than that I dont have many issues with it.. messing about with full damage Ive managed to get airbourne with the car :) took off a guys rear wing and took off.. doesnt use the full ego damage system though which is a bit of a shame.. 199mph just to take off both front wheels, front wing and the other guys back wheels and wing

17. 13en

13en Minimodder

Well apparently the AI is a total fraud, and the cars on track are just moving obstacles that don't set, or even reflect, the lap times on the timing screen.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/431006-confirmed-race-ai-phoney.html

Essentially you can set a quick lap, park on the racing line, and the AI will still be lapping as quick as you. This also means that you can finish ahead of an AI car, yet still end up behind it in the results screen.

18. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Doesn't make sense though I heard of that theory and, while it holds true for qualifying, in the race i deliberately blocked webber at Monaco. and he finished way down the field couldn't quite get us to last but there were were a few cars getting held up by me holding webber up.

Also wouldn't be compatible with the rather bad no pitting ai bug where chandook can win by not pitting at all. If it was predetermined surely he would still be in last or there abouts. Not to say the game is bug free it admittedly has lots, the tire puncture one being my bane but i don't think pre gen results are one of them.

Edit: My pet hate at the moment though is that even with semi-auto gears you still get launch control at the start. Quite often i accidentaly change into second gear expecting change up to release me like in most games.

19. 13en

13en Minimodder

Yeah, reading through the linked thred it seems to be practice + quali and not the race, still a little dodgy although there may be a reasonable explaination from the devs at some point. Still, there are an aweful lot of bugs for a supposedly finished product. Pit lane limiter is annoying me at the moment, it's set to manual but comes on automatically, and it comes on about 100m down the road from the actual limiter line :wallbash: At least it seems to happen to AI cars too, although they magically become ghosts, which is also annoying. And would it have killed them to put in a safety car??

20. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I love this game but it is also the most frustrating game i have ever played and i actually end up shouting at the TV. :D Codemasters must have been smoking crack if they think this game is ready for release as the penalty system is even more messed up than the real life F1 stewards. I slide in the wet, regain control and get a warning for illegal blocking. A car spins out directly in front of me and i hit it. 10 second penalty for causing a collision.