1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Fabricating Top Addon

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Digitalize-, 30 Apr 2009.

1. Digitalize-

Digitalize- What's a Dremel?

Ok, Currently my Antec 300 has the Stock 140mm fan in the roof, i want to add a Second 140mm/120mm to the Roof, but this would require moving the current fan back an inch or so, making the roof messy, as an idea to cover this up (And look Bad Ass in General) I Wanted to add some industrial Style Vents to the Top, and a storage area, Ala its big brothers.

I Quickly made this up.

[​IMG]

What materials could i use to make this added section? I Would Fill and repaint, to make it look stock. I Was Originally thinking Acrylic, but this would require a lot of peices, and wondered what else i could use...?

Cheers

2. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

I would suggest foamcore, or whatever you call it - basically two layers of paper around a .5 centimetre core of polystyrene type material - for the main structure and then either bondo/filler or fibreglass over the top to smooth it out. Both involve much elbow grease, and much messiness, but I would recommend lots of thin coats over a small area as opposed to slathering the stuff on because it will make your life easier in the long run.

HTH,

Joe