1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News 'Fahrenheit 9/11' sparks file-sharing flare-up

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by GreatOldOne, 2 Jul 2004.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

From News.com:

The controversial film--like virtually every new release--has been circulating online for days. Early in the week, anti-Moore Web site MooreWatch.com posted a link to a pirated version of the film available elsewhere on a file-sharing network, noting that the director himself has publicly backed downloading the movie online.

The result has been a torrent of criticism from Moore supporters and his distribution company, Lions Gate Entertainment. The site was even the target of a denial-of-service attack a few days ago. But MooreWatch co-founder Jim Kenefick, a Web programmer in Hamden, Conn., is taking it in stride.

"Moore has said on many cases that he doesn't care if people download his movies or steal his book or sneak into his movies," Kenefick said. "If I can use his own words against him to be a bee in his bonnet, then I will."

More (Or Moore?) here

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

He doesnt care, when doesnt mean he encourages it!?

Probably cause he's earning a mint anyway, and prefers people to see his movies just to see his POV.

3. bradford010

bradford010 Bradon Frohman

That's pretty much his standpoint.
    I'm paraphrasing, but he has said 'I do OK, I don't need the money, so feel free to d/l my stuff'.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

really? those more or less exact words? Im sure his publishing company had something to say about that :hehe: It still doesnt condone illegal downloading of anything that isnt his though :rolleyes:

5. bradford010

Yea, that would go down real well with the RIAA....

'Yea, I have 3.4TB of copyrighted material, but Michael Moore said it's OK, so screw you RIAA man :p'

6. PsychoI3oy

PsychoI3oy Minimodder

am i the only one that groaned at the unintentional pun in this sentence?

7. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

LOL, no. :blush:

8. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Well the RIAA is only for music, and it's down to the author anyways. Not that the RIAA aren't a bunch of money-hording pigs.

9. daniel_owen_uk

daniel_owen_uk What's a Dremel?

Most definitely not :D

10. Skaal-tel

Skaal-tel What's a Dremel?

HAaaaaaaaaaaaa pain! large pain!

11. jgrade

jgrade What's a Dremel?

I wouldn't waste the bandwith downloading his movie. I would rather use the net for more productive things like downloading a movie about lesibian crossdressers abducted by UFOs forced to be vegitarians living in trailer homes having sex with cats. :eeek: At least it would be closer to reality. (IMO keep the flames to yourself).

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

LOL, well at least its good to view other peoples opinions other than government and media propaganda.

13. bradford010

Wasn't that a 'movie' with Roy Chubby Brown?

14. rK@NE

rK@NE Rover's gonna get it...

As a young lad I think I remember watchin Roy Cubby Brown being impregnated by aliens ( :dremel::confused: ), either that or I had a really, really bad dream :worried:

15. Erasmus

Erasmus What's a Dremel?

The MPAA would be the ones that would have to end up dealing with this little issue. They are beginning all sorts of anti-piracy methods to try and stop people from obviously illegally filming from the cinema. Good luck, MPAA. :rolleyes:

Tags: Add Tags