1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Fallout 3 banned in Australia

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Jul 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Active Member

How come they didn't say aything about the previous fallout titles ? They did feature quite a lot of drugs as well.
    Heck, you could even kill children....in uncensored versions.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

..Hahahahahaha.

Sucks to be Australia!

Unless, of course, the game sucks, then it might not suck so much :D

4. Notional

Notional New Member

I think the Australiens are going to love online shopping now.

5. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

or piracy

6. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

or..... ONLINE PIRACY!!!

7. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Who else read that as Firefox 3 being banned?

8. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

But.... You played a junkie in Bioshock...

Who gives a crap? It's not like playing the game is going to make an 18+ year old think "I really need a bit of smack right about now".

Utterly ridiculous.

9. wuyanxu

wuyanxu still wants Homeworld 3

lol, i can imagine what's Zero Punctuation's next video going to be about

10. Timmy_the_tortoise

I can't wait... It'll be awesome.

11. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Seriously? WTF? I knew Australia was a bit anal with banning games, but this is just retarded.

12. Nuffenburger

Nuffenburger The Burgerman Can

eh im in australia. but i shall find a way to get this game <*looks around*>

=O don't tell mr rudd on me lol he will fail and throw*or try* to throw a ball at me lol

13. salesman

salesman New Member

I thinks its because the drugs in-game are "realistic visual representations" whereas the old fallouts didn't quite have real life looking drugs but that's all argument at this point for me because I've never seen the drugs in game

14. Nuffenburger

Nuffenburger The Burgerman Can

ooh so you mean the game makers took the drugs that they have in the game? and then they just made it into a game or? did they download the drugss?

15. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I tried jet once in fallout 2. pretty much ruined my game and I had to start over. I dont think that made me want to go and smoke crack.

16. Arkanrais

Arkanrais New Member

haha poor aussies.
    funny thing is, here in NZ they use the 'banned in Australia' as a marketing gimmick on some games. a few years ago I went into blockbuster to rent a couple of games and saw rows of the game 'BMX XXX' on the shelves with a huge yellow stripe across the case saying "Banned In Australia!" along with the R18 sticker on it. TBH it did make me want to play them game more than if it didn't have the 'banned' sticker on it, but I was all of 14 or 15 (I think).
    anyway, I'm going to go skate along the guttering of house roofs an skate down long roads going down hills while 'busting a move' and collect those giant floating letters that are hidden all around my city cause that's what they do on those tony hawks games, then I'm going to grab a massive sword that weighs three times a s much as I do and attack an animal 20 times my size a la final fantasy.

17. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

I really hope that Beth doesn't open it's legs for this kind of menace. Hope that if they're going to make something, that they make a version to the more puritans coutries. As chrisb2e9 said the drugs issues (at least on previous games) makes u HATE using drugs!

Looks to me that the COUNTRY isn't mature enough. Instead of fighting the drugs itself, they ban the games...

18. Timmy_the_tortoise

Aye, I don't watch films and play games which involve drug use and then think... "Yeah, that looks cool, maybe I'll do a line of coke now." Most adults have reached a conclusion on drugs.. and have made the decision on whether they're awful and should be avoided at all costs, or not as bad as people say and are okay to take in small amounts.

I don't know how they think it could be worth rejecting a classification over. It's really insulting to the adult population of Australia, saying "None of you are mature enough to play this game without then going on to become smackrats and crackwhores."

19. naokaji

naokaji whatever

dumb question, could they get done for piracy if you cant legally purchase it? (yes, I do realize that they could get you done for importing (or owning) an illegal product, but seeing how that leads to far less severe punishment...)

20. Timmy_the_tortoise

I don't even think it's illegal to own it... It's just illegal to distribute and then sell it.. Without classification. That's all classification deals with, distribution and retail... once it's out there, no one cares.

At least that's my understanding... of British Law, I don't know Australian Law. It may be similar.

Tags: Add Tags