1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Fallout 4 : New Vegas

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Vault-Tec, 5 Jan 2018.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

haha some one on Youtube said the same thing. Some are saying it's FO5 NY (in their dreams) and others are saying it's Fallout Shelter 2. Apparently Todd Howard spoke about a mobile game a while back. Gawd knows, though I think we find out today.

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ha the clock was set for 947 (1447 here) and at 947.... a whole bunch of stars were dropped.

Someone on YT said it was literally a field of stars... starfield...

Massive trolling.

FO in space?

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

So it is 'Fallout 76'... Set in West Virginia, apparently...so still an 'East Coast Fallout' [and as such will likely be terrible].

4. adidan

Fallout 76

West Virginia

Well I never.

Bethesdagasm.

Last edited: 30 May 2018
    Vault-Tec likes this.
  5. adidan

Vault 76 actually in DC, opens 20 years after the war according to FO lore

As only played FO4 i'm happy.

Edit: scrub that, rumours at Kotaku say it's online.

If so then no no no.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Calling it now: it's going to be Sim City: Fallout Edition. The tagline is: "When the fighting has stopped, and the fallout has settled..." - which means it'll be when Vault 76, which was the control Vault with no experiments being run, opens. You'll have a GECK, and have to build a city in the ashes.

In other words: it's going to be Fallout Shelter meets Sim City, not Fallout 5. Dude in the teaser trailer even says "you must rebuild." (And is it me, or does the voice at the end sound just a little bit Ron Perlmanesque?)

Anyone fancy a little wager on it?

7. RedFlames

3 was set mainly in/around DC, but Vault 101 was in Virginia [iirc]. Where the vault is != where the bulk of the game is set.

adidan likes this.
  8. RedFlames

Reading a little more, i'm with Gareth... Looks like it'll be Sim City: Fallout Edition or Fallout Shelter in 3D

9. Vault-Tec

Fallout 76. With "Take me home country road" playing along. It does say "You must rebuild".

Ugh. Rest looks exciting though.

Edit. Well that is what happens when you reply without checking the latest posts..

I wasn't expecting FO5. It is too soon for a game like that to be done, they take years and years and if they did rush it out it would be crap.

If this game is online I am out. If it is building non stop I am out also. Just not my thing. I absolutely hate it in FO4, and they did away with the "home made" weapons from FO3 that I loved (the ones you needed blue prints for). This whole megalomania crap gets on my tits.

adidan likes this.
  10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Yeah, this feels like something online-related. It has the vibe of unavoidable grind to me.

11. adidan

Kotaku guy says anyone waiting 2 weeks for a traditional single player RPG will be disappointed.

I am disappoint.

FFS Bethesda, if it's online sim city FO you can suck a fat one.

12. adidan

I stand corrected, having not played FO3 I had to rely on interweb information. A mistake as usual :)

13. Gareth Halfacree

If it ain't Sim City Fallout Edition - and it definitely is - then it's Fallout Battle Royale. Those are your only two options.

14. Vault-Tec

Neither, but thanks any way lol.

Which vault was it that they kept referencing in FO3 but it wasn't in the game*?

*Some one made a mod with the vault and a few quests.

Say what now? *points*. Go on. Go and stand in the naughty corner for an hour.

How can you have not played FO3? that's like saying you've never eaten anything with sugar in it or lost your virginity.

FO3, put simply, is the finest game ever created. Sadly it does look a bit pony now, but if you were ten year old code you would too.

15. RedFlames

76 was mentioned in FO3 [BoS Computer listing all the nearby vaults], one of FO3's DLCs iirc, and FO4 [pre-war commercial].

Several others are mentioned but not seen across the various games.

16. Gareth Halfacree

Not only is Fallout 3 not the finest game ever created, it's not even the finest Fallout game ever created. Fallout 1 and 2 knock the 3D stuff into a cocked hat, and even if you're only going post-Bethesda era Fallout New Vegas is immeasurably better than Fallout 3 thanks to Obisdian's efforts.

17. Vault-Tec

Ahh so it was 76. Yeah very mysterious. IIRC it was also in the vault list on the computer in the archives (the one you have to look at to get the location for 87).

18. Vault-Tec

I tried so hard to get into those. It's one of those games where I would need to watch some one play it for a while for it to sink in. I just have no experience of that genre *at all*. In fact, had it not been for FO3 I would quite probably never have played an RPG in my life. Hmm, maybe I need to sit in the naughty corner for a while?

19. RedFlames

This, the 'East Coast Fallouts' [3 and 4] are terrible... the West Coast Fallouts [1, 2 and New Vegas] are not terrible.

Vault 76's established location, to me, makes FO76 it an 'East Coast Fallout' and therefore terrible until proven otherwise.

20. Gareth Halfacree

If all you've played is Fallout 3, then you still haven't played a role-playing game. It's a shooter with role-playing elements, nothing more than that - and Fallout 4 is a shooter with even fewer role-playing elements (which is why I still haven't played it.)

Imagine a game where you can make a character with a single Intelligence point in SPECIAL, and it actually matters: you literally can't talk to anyone at all in the entire game except by grunting and pointing. (Except for one special character, but I won't spoil the surprise.) That's funny, but what makes it special (hah!) is that you can still finish the game like that.