1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Family + Modding don't mix

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Hiren, 3 Feb 2003.

1. dhutch

dhutch Banned

urrm and my dad demandeds no water sports - on my own comp i build for me form 2nd hand ebay junk - so that i could water cool and oc it - that was the POINT!!!:wallbash:

2. eaterofpies

eaterofpies What's a Dremel?

1 did you pay for it?
    2 do you own it?
    3 what can he gonna do if u oc it without him knowing?

if the answer to 1 and 2 is yes the simple answer for 3 is "Sweet FA" my parents frobid be from betting a pc . . . so i bought one any way :) now they dont try and stop me

it could just be that i would refuse to fix their pcs when they screw them up tho :)

thats the way id do it ne ways but it depends on the parents

3. 123

123 Makes No Sense

HUH?

I have 4 computers in my room and sometimes my parents don't like that, but they got used to it after I moved the computers in my room from the basment.:)

4. 123

123 Makes No Sense

BY!!

You also can keep your parents out by::idea: :idea:

1. Set a password and don't tell them:D

2. Play music extrmly loud:D

3. Lock your door. (I can't because my parents bolted it on backwords, so that they can lock me in, for what the hell I don't know.)

Hope this helps!

5. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

You got a pic of your room or your 4 computers ....:)

6. 123

123 Makes No Sense

WEEEE!

I pic.......................................... :idea: BOTH!!!

7. 123

123 Makes No Sense

IT Room?

Do you think that I have turned my room into and IT room? I have an AMD K7T Pro @ 700MHz, 512MB SDRAM, SanYo CD - Rom Drive, Hi - VAL 24X10X40 CD - R/RW Drive, VL Syatems L.I.S. LCD Display (LOST IN SPACE), Maxtor 10 GB HDD, Maxtor 6 GB HDD, Win XP Pro SP1a. I also have a PowerPC Macintosh 5260/100 @ what the hell I have no clue. I also have a Pakerd Bell with an Intell P I @ 75MHz, 8 Mb Built - in RAM, NO CD - ROM, Conner Proricferals 850 MB HDD. :eyebrow: :eyebrow: I also have a DTK with in Intell P II @ 233MHz, 64 MB SDRAM?, Wester Digital 1.70 GB HDD, Loptiucse 24X CD - ROM, 5.4" Floppy Drive, Iomega ZIP - 100.

E - Mail Your Awnsers to: Paul-Revere@comcast.net

Last edited: 6 May 2003
  8. Sc0rian

You do have an IT room..Like most of us.;)

9. IKilledMyAGOIA

IKilledMyAGOIA What's a Dremel?

wouldnt it have sucked if they just tossed it, nails the corner of the bin... and squish... there go about 30 pins....

yeah i got an it room... axp 1700, axp 1800, cel 366, cell 400, pent 3 733... only inhells arent overclocked since they are both at peak fsb for their particular boards :sigh:

10. Sc0rian

lol, if someone sat on your new amd 3000:hehe: You would'nt be laughing eh!!

11. Joel

Joel What's a Dremel?

moan moan moan u lot:rolleyes:

moved out when i was 17.... now can have as many comps as i want... and the g/f does'nt bother cleaning coz she's worried she will break summatt...

parents can be barstewards tho....

12. CommanderMcBride

CommanderMcBride What's a Dremel?

My room looks like nothing more than a graphic design studio. With my 21" monitor flanked by a 17" and a 25" TV, my L shaped desk that juts halfway into the room, and my futon bet that turns to a couch, I actually have satisfied my dream of having a private office of my own...

13. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

Ugh, My mom's just a clean freak, she doesn't care, (As much) about what I'm doing,
    (As long as not gonna get me killed/arested)

So she's constantly buggin' me about the parts all over the carpet, whatever, I'm moving my projects to a table downstairs, better anyway, I can actually use a dremel down there.

14. Mhiran

Mhiran What's a Dremel?

:sigh: *Sigh* With 3 sisters my powertools seem to go missing regularly.

:lol:

15. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Ah the joys of living alone and being able to dremel at 3 in the morning :p

16. sailor

sailor What's a Dremel?

It doesn't change when you grow up !
    I had my parents staying with me a while ago and my mum 'helpfully' tidied up around my PC. OUch that was not good she just piled motherbaords and cards one on top of the other then for good measure cleaned them all with MR Sheen polish. That was expensive!

17. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

what??:confused:

what do they use them for?

18. Mhiran

Mhiran What's a Dremel?

:eeek: LOL I dont think im aloud to tell you on these "family friendly" forums!

:D

19. HowardCanning

HowardCanning What's a Dremel?

Yep, my parents don't generally snoop around my computer, etc, and my mum's given up trying to tidy up in here cos theres piles of rubbish everywhere and I never seem to listen when she asks me to tidy it :blush:

The exact reason I built my dad his own computer was that he kept using mine and reading all the MSN windows that were open, and discovering certain bookmarks :blush:

20. equus

equus What's a Dremel?

My folks used to get on at me about cleaning my room, so I did then they stopped, had the annoying habbit of reading stuff over my shoulder a bit but I could live with that, after all that why alt-tab exists.

These days I've got the spare room decked out as an office, just got a loada pillows so the missus can come in and read on the spare bed while I shoot things in the face/do work. She's happy, I'm happy.

And as a bonus she mentioned buying me a water cooling kit to remove the annnoying fan noise. Which is nice.