1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Fan adaptor for the hole where normally a PSU would go?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by wywywywy, 9 Aug 2011.

1. wywywywy

wywywywy Member

Hi all,

Basically I am using a PicoPSU with a Dell AC adaptor in the HTPC, so it leaves a big hole where a PSU would usually go. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but the case hasn't got much air flow right now - it is designed to rely on the air flow of the PSU.

So I am wondering, is there any bracket/mount/adaptor that would allow me to fit a fan there to aid air flow?

Except chopping up a perfectly good PSU obviously!

Thanks.

2. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Maybe lian-li has a cover for their dual psu case ... Lemme check.

Edit : sowwy, did not have any luck. All I was able to find is psu mountig bracket. I think that the best would be to build one yourself

Last edited: 9 Aug 2011
  3. Xye

Xye New Member

Yeah just need to print out a template of what you would like and stick it to some material to cut out.

4. Big_malc

Big_malc Well-Known Member

find bit of aluminium plate cut to size drill vent holes or mount a fan think be best bet

5. CrapBag

CrapBag Well-Known Member

Personally I would bag an old busted PSU from somewhere (maybe ebay) and gut it so there is nothing in there apart from the fan, preferably at least a 120mm fan and a psu that isn't made of mesh.

The fan inside is usually connected with the normal 3/4 pin connector so you may need to run a fan lead extension.