1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Fan controller and fan suggestions?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eUphoria, 23 Jun 2013.

1. eUphoria

eUphoria What's a Dremel?

I'm looking for a fan controller (not digital with big flashy screen) - 3.5 or 5.25" - where I can completely turn the fans off. I've got a little akasa 3.5" bay controller, but the fans can only be turned down and not completely off.

Basically this is to make the system as quiet as possible when just browsing the web etc. Any suggestions for very quiet 120mm fans as well?

2. holbob

holbob What's a Dremel?

Akasa apache black or combat I found the best price performance for quietness.

3. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

The fans you need depends on their purpose to some extent. Fans for a CPU cooler, for example, would need higher static pressure than a case fan.

I recently got a Corsair AF120 quiet edition as an exhaust fan. It seems very quiet and produces less vibration than the one it replaced, while also moving more air. You can get these in packs of 2 which is more cost effective.

I've also heard good things about the Sharkoon Silent Eagle

Be Quiet make good fans, the Silent Wings 2 being the top tier I think, but they're even more expensive. Noctua are the same, good but expensive.