1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Fan Controller: is one needed?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by _man1c_, 10 Feb 2009.

1. _man1c_

_man1c_ What's a Dremel?

was thinking of getting one, but nvr used one before. is it totally needed, or just allowing the mobo to control your fans just as good? also which are the best brands out there to go with?

2. klutch4891

klutch4891 What's a Dremel?

Its really a personal preference between the onboard mobo or using a fan controller. Some people like to have direct control of their fans, and some like it to be automated. It's really up to you. If you do end up getting a fan controller I would recommend one of the products in the Scythe Kaze Master series. Bit-tech Review

_man1c_ likes this.
  3. _man1c_

_man1c_ What's a Dremel?

thank you for the link. should have looked around the site alittle better. was hoping a good site would have some reviews of them.:thumb:

4. klutch4891

Its no problem. I was thinking the same thing too. Yesterday I googled for it and was like when did bit do a review of the Kaze Master?

5. _man1c_

_man1c_ What's a Dremel?

yea, i was looking around this morning on newegg, and xoxide for which one to buy. just wasnt sure how good they were/are because no site i know really does reviews for them.

6. klutch4891

btw as far as I know the only difference between the original Kaze Master and the Kaze Master Ace is that the front fascia of the Ace is made out of aluminum. I know I spent awhile looking for that too.