1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Fan controller's or busses or what have you....

Discussion in 'Modding' started by RonnieB223, 25 Feb 2004.

1. RonnieB223

RonnieB223 What's a Dremel?

Okay I see you guys with these switches in the front of your cases to control your CC's and fans and so on, I searched over google and here for a bit and found nothing on whether I can make them or buy them or if there are kits. Sorry for the noobish question.

2. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

google reobus or rheobus m8... theres LOADS of them out there... almost all computer releated webites sell them in one form or another.....

3. El_JimBob

El_JimBob What's a Dremel?

An on/off fanbus is pretty easy to make - there are some guides on how to make them floating round the main bit-tech site - had a homemade one in my machine for the last 2 years and it worked a charm. Just replaced it with a 5 channel fan-speed controller which took a lot more work to make, but still cost less than to buy one. Failing that, you can find them at pretty much any PC hardware store these days. Depends on yr soldering/leccy skills or yr financial security i suppose ;)

4. sirgeoph

sirgeoph What's a Dremel?

http://bit-tech.net/article/32/

i built that one and i love it... for power, instead of a molex connector, i yanked the power conenctor off a floppy drive and hooked the rheobus up to the floppy power cable, that way i didnt lose a molex.

5. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

If you want something really cheap that can switch high currents you could try a Diobus.

6. coorz

coorz Miffed

7. Fraggster

Fraggster What's a Dremel?

be a man, i got 9 fans and counting :D

8. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

my first modded box, i built my own 3 channel on/off with ridiculously bright led's ...

this time i just cheesed off and bought the zalman 6 channel.