1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fan for Zalman Flower- Sucking or blowing?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Stew, 16 Apr 2003.

1. Stew

Stew Disgruntled Postal Worker

I've just picked up a Zalman CNPS6000-AlCu for cheap (£20)
    and I'm wondering which is the best orientation to have the fan on the fan bracket.
    I have fan in the rear exhaust fan to the left of the cpu and a fan in the PSU sucking air out aswell.
    On my old HS I had the fan blowing air as it had to fight against the two fans otherwise,
    however since the flower is a fairly unique design I am wondering if there are special considerations that need to be taken into account.

Thanks for any input :thumb:

2. mushky

mushky gimme snails

unless you are going to cut a hole in your case to mount that fan, then it is just going to be pushing re-circulated air around in your case. It would work much better if you did cut a hole as long as you are happy doing that.

Either way, I would have it blowing air onto your zalman. You could do with a front intake fan too.

3. Stew

right, makes sense, don't much fancy cutting a hole in the side of my Li-Li though :blush:

what about the rear exhaust, should I turn that round so its blowing air into the case, or leave it as is?

again, thanks for any input :thumb:

4. 1398342003

1398342003 Ubermodder

All the CPU fans reciculate the air in the case. That's what they do. Sucking will do little for the temps, blowing will work much better. Try putting your hand on the sucking side, you can barely feel the flow. On the blow side you can easily feel the flow.

5. mushky

mushky gimme snails

um, probably would be better if you could put another fan (or two in your case) in the front to bring air in, and leave the back one blowing out.

download motherboard monitor to check out the temps in your case. try out a few different setups with fans to see which is best for you. that way you can see what works best with regards to temps + noise.

6. Stew

It has 2 front 80mm intakes,
    1 rear 80mm outake
    1 top blowhole :grr:
    and 2 fans in the psu.

with the current heatsink (AKasa Icicle 765)
    I get about 21c mobo and around 41c cpu temps

7. mushky

mushky gimme snails

i did think it was a bit strange you had a lian li and no other intake fans.. :worried:
    :D :D :D

seems nice + chilly in your case. mind if i come round to get out of this heat?

8. HumZilla

HumZilla What's a Dremel?

both, but make sure she swallows at the end.... oh sorry wrong thread

9. dhutch

dhutch Banned

stick it dead above the H/S and BLOW!!!

10. manvadher

manvadher What's a Dremel?

yeh, i got the zalman 6500, and i emailed zalman abt the airflow, they told me air towards the HS. i tried this and i noticed the inside of the comp gettin hot
    so i changed it, and its betta, i think, as the rest of the pc doesnt get hot. i also put sum spacers in the thumbsrcew place to make it closer 2 the HS.
    rite now, @ full load and on speed max, the cpu doesnt get hotter than 52* on a p4 2A.