1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Fans boycott Left 4 Dead 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Jun 2009.

1. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

WOW some of you really need to get a life, there's more out there then just video games, like for example the sun and women.... sheesh people its a game, get over it... business is business and with the way everything is heading just be glad there are companies still making games for PC and havent completely jumpship to console, I swear all I see is as you put it Whiny Bitches because your all getting worked up over something that is soo ridiculous it almost makes me laugh.

How about you put some of this effort into things that matter versus things that are trivial at best.

Lol Im so done with this thread, I have better things to do.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Wow, you mean that thing on the otherside of my door has sun and women, like in pictures?

I never would have guessed, I guess having a passion for the gaming world means I must have missed out on all these fundamental things that happen only to people who don't spend time being interested in games and the way in which those companies work.

Oh.. Wait..

GZ, **** argument, next.

I guess you skipped the idea that each company needs a userbase and each userbase tends to have a reason for liking/continuing to support said company. Damn. How dare we like the fact that we can (could?) trust Valve. How dare we indeed.

..Games and their companies don't matter?

It's a multi-billion dollar industry. I'm not sure how much more 'mattering' it can do. I guess the hundreds of thousands of jobs mean jack schitte in the grand scheme of things. I guess entertainment aside from, let's face it, mediocre TV doesn't matter.

Ta ta. I hope you have fun in your imaginary world :/

azrael- and DarkLord7854 like this.
  3. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

Even though I will buy this game, maybe in a box this time when you consider the pre-order price war that happened with the first, this brings to mind Crysis and FEAR, the latter of which I bought but literally didn't bother to install until a new PC had been built and run in - so it sat around unplayed whilst two other expansions were pumped out, so I could play it on a machine that could do all the graphical tricks and give satisfactory performance. Crysis I didn't even spend money on because I knew Socket A couldn't handle it either - had to be a new build, and I have fears that Arma 2/Win 7 will require the same.

After 200hrs' play for what I paid, and no WoW-style monthly fee, I'm cool with L4D2 costing something. I will however, go for the best price this time, with L4D there was a sense of supporting Valve and I only buy one Xmas game anyway. If it's business now, then VFM becomes an issue again and I might play the same waiting game as the boycotters.

As for whoever brought up the CSS comparison, there are loads of maps that never made it across to CSS and for the later maps that were fully converted, you had to wait 6-9 months at a time for Nuke and Prodigy to name two. Then they added the tracker map but the only other new "content" was that economy system everyone hated and ditched after a week - not all this DLC was worth waiting for, even if it was Valve and free! Maybe it's TF2 that's causing the slight rose-tinted specs view of the way Valve used to be, but it wasn't always great.

The same goes for Blue Shift in the original HL - I even preferred Gunman as a standalone game compared to BS (apt initials)- only good thing about it was the ending that fed into HL2.

Tags: Add Tags