1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fantasist loners.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Yadda, 25 Sep 2015.

1. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

So, another "cold and detached teenager" full of his own self importance was planning to reap his revenge on his college staff and pupils with an arsenal of weapons and explosives.

The judge sentenced him to life, saying:

"Your emotional coldness and detachment and your lack of empathy to others was self-evident."

Here are some of the things the Police recovered from his computer. The secret diary of Liam Lyburd, aged 19 1/2:

"You people ruined my whole life, don't expect me to show mercy today. No-one disrespects me and gets away with it."

"I'll teach you people a little lesson on respect with my 9mm jacketed hollow points."

"It's time for extreme civil disobedience."

"Fantasy will become reality today for sure. Where the mind goes the body will follow and, yes, people will die, there's no question about that."

What a plonker. What on Earth sends a young lad mental like that? :confused:

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...rd-jailed-for-life/ar-AAeMyI0?ocid=spartanntp

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Hormones, upbringing, bullying?
    Just guessing.

3. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

He has a bad brain I reckon. It's not that he was driven to it, he was probably F'ed up from the start.

It seems life actually means a minimum of 8 years. Prisons are apparently based on the idea that someone is punished for breaking the law and they can be reformed. But psychopaths have a hard time associating the punishment with their actions and so carry on as usual when released. Or something like that anyway, I'm sure Nexxo can correct me on this.

4. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I don't know. I reckon a bad experience + too much much pot + too much Alex Jones type websites (not AJ from the One Show :D) - ("minus") contact with "the real world" can do it too. I've met a few borderline nutjobs over the years and many follow that pattern.

Instead of facing up to their challenges, they retreat into a world of utter nonsense.

Last edited: 25 Sep 2015
  5. theshadow2001

Ah well, at least all of that mass surveillance by the UK state managed to thwart a plot by some guy who was openly communicating about it with others on the internet. Oh, wait....

6. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Yea, I've always said the concerns about snooping were unjustified. :p

7. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

They're to busy looking at dick pics...Oh wait this is the serious section of the forum ain't it, damn spooks so much hay they can find the needles. :)

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Ask a psychologist. Only nobody does, because they never want to hear the answer.

9. theshadow2001

Ok.

Hey Nexxo? What on earth sends a young lad mental like that? :confused:

10. Nexxo

Sorry, I'm on holiday this week. :p

11. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I don't mean that he smoked a spliff and turned violent. You're right, alcohol is king for that kind of thing. What I mean is, some heavy pot smokers seem far more susceptible to succumb to paranoia and can become suspicious and generally untrusting. This has a huge detremental knock-on effect on their day-to-day lives and the way they view the world.

12. Nexxo

Generally speaking you can get this sort of narcissistic rage with an absent father and over-indulgent but disengaged mother. He is very bright, so may feel disconnected from and hence rejected by his peers, and be prone to ruminative introspection. Without the sounding board of a mature and engaged parent/attachment figure, that can go all sorts of wrong. Consequent emotional immaturity and poor social skills won't have helped.

Basically a lonely, angry kid. Sad, really (in the tragic, not pathetic sense).

13. theshadow2001

That's Ok. I'll fill in the gaps.

It's because of computer games like Grand theft auto V and Call of Duty. Plain and simple.

14. Nexxo

Ubisoft's Asssasin's Creed. Would drive anyone into a homicidal rage, to be honest.

15. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I wonder if he read "The Catcher In The Rye"?

16. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Why not go the whole hog and suggest that he also watched horror films, listened to heavy metal and played D&D.

Have I missed any of the "bad influences" out?

:p :D

17. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

The "evil government"? Society? His upbringing? :p

18. theshadow2001

Is there not more than this? Surely he isn't the only person in the world who may have lacked proper guidance growing up. Yet most people don't have a number of pipe bombs under the bed.

19. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Tattoos?

20. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

Speaking from my own experience, this is pretty spot on.

Like most nerd types, I had a pretty rough few years in secondary, not ashamed to admit it but the thought of burning the place to the ground entered my mind on an almost daily basis.

You try hard to make your existence matter to those around you, but you come across wierd.
    This enforces your percieved isolation, making you bitter, confrontational, a bit of a joker because that's what you think people want. Instead it makes you a target, the cycles get progressively worse.

You become ashamed of the situation, your old friends are succesful, having meaningful relationships with those around them, you're isolated, so alone, no one sees you as anything but that wierdo.

Parts of your body start pumping out chemicals that want to you gain dominance, you grunt a lot, other parts close to the chemical factories start having a mind of their own when they see that girl, she's so far out of your reach, you feel small, disrespected, overlooked. eventually if pushed often enough you break, a mental snap.

For me it was 4 weeks in care and a while chatting with a head doctor.

I know honestly that at the height (or lows) of my time there, if I had access to a 9mm there would have been serious mistakes made, and a lifetime of regrets.

As it is, that **** was my crucible - i might have snapped, but I know why and can look back on the situation somewhat clearly and understand that a lot of it was my fault, initially.
    I had a very supportive family, and suprisingly enough some of those i thought hated me were the first through the hospital doors to see if i was ok.

Reminds me of a saying like: "You can't analyse the system if you're a part of it", you need external help, someone to put this into perspective for you - but you need to be the one to bring attention to it, without bloodshed, yours or others.

Landy_Ed likes this.