1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fantastic Contraption Competition

Discussion in 'General' started by johnmustrule, 15 Aug 2008.

1. johnmustrule

johnmustrule What's a Dremel?

I'm surprised with the popularity that this hasen't happened yet!

I think the idea is self-exsplanatory, lowest score wins!

you add the time it takes for the red thing to reach the goal + 0.1 seconds for the amount of motors you used (sticks and the blue circles don't count)

Here's an online stopwatch edit: I realize you have to click two buttons so do the stopwatch first or get a friend to help on another computer.

I think the focus should be on unpossible because among othere levels, it will clearly take the longest for most people, others like higher are pretty easy to do in under a second.

I'd be nice if a mod would take over the timings. And let no one forget, winner gets free enrollment at a German engineering school of choice.

!!Current Thread Leader!!
    :rock:To Be updated Soon:rock:

--------------------------------------Let the Games begin----------------------------------------------

My submission http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=389885
    With a score of 16.859 seconds and 9 weels/things for a total of 17.759

Last edited: 15 Aug 2008
  2. veland

veland What's a Dremel?

3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

As it's flash based, a stopwatch wont work, a slow PC will take longer than a quicker one to render/animate.
    You would need to find out how many frames, maybe fraps would work though I'm at work right now and cant check.

4. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

For now I think we can just go by sight, if it's close, someone will have to time it in basic graphics mode with the quality at low.

5. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Well on this PC at work, with a lot of crap running in the background veland's took 15 seconds.

6. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

seems like a good idea, but its too much messing about.

7. johnmustrule

johnmustrule What's a Dremel?

yep never thought of those problems, now it must die :( oh well. I'm sure a website will pop up eventually or they'll modify the game.