1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding FAO Modders around Jax, FL [DETAILS]

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Deviate, 8 Jul 2003.

1. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

I figured I would post this here since this is where I would expect the most response. However, if a mod should feel this is not the appropriate place for this, please move it and I apologize for the inconvenience. :D

I have a friend who is part owner of the Docking Station Cybercafe in Jacksonville, FL. She and her partners have been kicking around the idea of having a "pimp yo case" mod show and contest. The details still have to be worked out, but tenatively it is being planned for the end of October or first of November.

She asked if I would see if there was any interest in such a thing, so I figured I would try here...since I know of myself and maybe 2 other people in Jacksonville that even mod cases. This is of course open to anyone who would like to come...although I doubt there will be huge prizes or anything worth traveling a great distance for. But anyway...let me know. :dremel:

Last edited: 16 Oct 2003
  2. Phire

Phire Performance-PCs.com

I'm game :D

about a 4hr drive, any chance of a Orlando meet?

3. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

My brother-in-law is in Orlando....and I know that Orlando is a central location for Florida (hence the name Central Florida :lol: ), I don't ever hear much about happenings there. Surely there would be a pretty good draw in a city the size of O-town. But for this event, since the Docking Station would be sponsoring it, it would prolly have to be here.

Now if we had a good turn out...I'll talk to Shannon about future plans and things that could branch out toward the central FL way. :cooldude:

4. Alizarin

Alizarin What's a Dremel?

UCF has a PC gaming club (http://www.ucfgaming.net/ ) and although I'm not a member, I'm sure if you talked to them they might be able to help you set things up, maybe like a lan party and case mod show all in one... with prizes!

5. [S]huttle

[S]huttle What's a Dremel?

Hey Deviate i'm just about 1 1/2 hours south of you in Daytona Beach. I might think about it. :D

6. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

We have some details on the mod show. It will be held on November 1st at the Docking Station cyber cafe in Jacksonville, FL. We have a site at www.firstcoastmods.com . There you will find details about the contest, prizes, etc. and is being updated as there is any new news. The site is only a few forums. So feel free to drop by and post some questions or whatever. We are trying to get something started here locally for modders in the area and increase interest a bit.

PLEASE NOTE: This is in no way an attempt to "pimp" a site or draw anyone away from Bit! This is simply to get the word out to folks in the area who frequent these forums. I know there are a few of ya out there.

P.S. To the Moderators: I cleared this with RTT before posting. He said it was cool and to post this note at the bottom so y'all wouldn't think I was pimping and close or delete the thread. :D Thanks a whole heap!

7. Apocalypse

Apocalypse What's a Dremel?

Yea I think I'll go take a look see. I live in Orlando and I think it would be great if you brought something straight into my home town. I haven't actually been able to start modding anything yet (school work is piling up) but i do have a ghetto made computer. Pavilian case 8652 (one of the smaller ones) with a Radeon8500, Athlon xp 2100 i think and soyo mobo plus. it looks so ghetto because the side panel is permantely off and the front section that houses the CD/floppy/and HD is sticking out about 6 inches because the stock AMD HSF wont let it go in fully. lol. Time to start working and upgrade my case. Maybe I'l go Nov 1st and take a see at what the local competition is :D