1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Far Cry 3 announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Jun 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

after farcry 2 it can burn in hell

3. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

^lol bit harsh!

however 'slash, sneak and shoot [his] way across the island in a world that has lost all sense of morality' sounds a lot like "everyone will open fire without question" which was one of the worst things about the last one!!!

4. fargo

fargo What's a Dremel?

far cry was brillant I loved it, but was totally disappointed in far cry 2 with all the missions and back tracking it
    just killed the story and game play for me I hope they learned their lesson!!!

5. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Trailer looked rubbish. Looks like more of Far Cry 2...

6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Seconded. As much as I hate to judge a game before it comes out.

7. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Hey, look on the bright side - at least it can't be worse than FC2.........can it?

8. alf-

alf- Minimodder

hopefully they will fix the so called "smart" NPC behaviour which in reality was more like a godlike ai, precision like aiming, being able to see you through cover and when driving always being able to somehow catch up.

but most importantly i hope they fix the retarded checkpoints, that miraculously/magically rebuilt themselves
    including all the people, as soon as you move away or enter another building.

and the map although big, was empty, exploring was dull not to mention you couldn't actually explore a lot of places as they were inaccessible.

actually far-cry 2 was so full of faults it's probably best they change everything,

9. feedayeen

feedayeen What's a Dremel?

What's the point in incrementing the Far Cry title? None of the games are even tangentially related to each other!

10. Bede

Bede Minimodder

For the same 2 reasons as the 'Command & Conquer' label was applied to Generals:

1. Brand recognition = increased sales.
    2. Shared central philosophy - base building RTS in the case of Generals, open world shooter in the case of Far Cry.

11. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Anything they dish out will be better than Farcry 2. No amount of "Far Cry 2 is Underappreciated" articles could possibly make that game any less gash.

12. Darkefire

Darkefire What's a Dremel?

I remember FC2 being incredibly fun for a while, I enjoyed clearing out most of Africa's population with my sniper rifle. Crytek makes great tech demos, but they completely suck at making games.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

incorrect, the farcry IP was retained by ubisoft when it was published and they kept it when Crytek moved over to EA.

14. SpAceman

SpAceman What's a Dremel?

I actually liked Far Cry 2. It had it's faults but I still enjoyed it. I can only imagine all the complaints about Far Cry 2 will be fixed somehow for Far Cry 3.

15. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

Agreed

It can burn

16. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

I wonder if the people who are working on 3 ever bother perusing fora like this and noting what people didn't like about 2.

Do these companies have any sort of user-feedback revision effort like that?

I'm with the "2 wasn't a disaster" brigade and feel that if some of the more egregious problems had been fixed, it had the makings of something really special.

17. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Just watched a gameplay video of this, and it actually looks pretty awesome. Kudos.

18. DwarfKiller

DwarfKiller What's a Dremel?

I was impressed with it, didn't have a clue what it was... then FarCry3 shows up on screen.
    It looks like they learned from some of their (many many many many (you get where this is going) many many many) mistakes.
    Could turn out well.
    But have they learned the definition of insanity? Only tiem will tell.

19. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I just love the quoted ********... 'New character and new story'...

Guy stranded on tropical Island...

Umm... Been there done that... Where is the new story bit?

20. SpAceman

SpAceman What's a Dremel?

Its hard to imagine they won't fix the AI, the checkpoints and the poor mission variance. If we consider these fixes alongside the things that were great in Far Cry 2 like the health and weapon systems and hugely variable options when it comes to executing missions, I think we could end up with a really good game.

Tags: Add Tags