1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Far Cry 3 announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Jun 2011.

1. DrTiCool

DrTiCool Minimodder

No implementation of co-op in FC2 ruined that game

2. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

I still enjoy playing the original.

3. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

but its a ubisoft game so i dont care how good the game is if its riddled with "always online" DRM i aint buying it

4. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

YAY! Third part coming!

I'm full of hope! I loved first part, second never finished, took me a long time to get back on that two times, but never actually finished, for me was too much sand;) I prefer trees:D
    So I'm very happy they taking it all back to tropical island. I'm sure graphics will be nice, all effects etc. I only hope story will be better and they won't make us to run or drive 1000s of miles just to finish some somall task, like it was in Far Cry 2.
    For me the only dissapointment in Far Cry 1 were all the monsters at the end. So as long as they keep that new island short and full of action:)

5. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

"'lawlessness and violence are the only sure thing'." Jusssttt Cause...

Sorry just made me thin kof JC2.

Honestly gotta get round to hammering FC and FC2, got them on the Steam sales last week and haven't installed them yet *heresy* Tonights big plan!

6. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Far Cry 2. The only game were taking the bus was more fun than driving. That says it all really.

7. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Oh great, more brown..... But hopefully some shades of green too

8. Necrow

Necrow Minimodder

Graphically FarCry2 was brilliant, but game play was terrible and boring. FarCry1 was an awesome game up to the huge tank type monsters with no weapons as it was like a bad game of chase.

If they can make FarCry3 with improved graphics of FarCry2 and the story and game play of FarCry1up to the stupid tank monsters then it will be an awesome game.

9. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

My expectations are pretty low after Far Cry 2, I just don't feel Ubisoft are up to the task.
    Graphically it'll be nice, that's pretty certain but if they use a similar formula to FC2 the story and gameplay will be abysmal... really I'd prefer it if Ubisoft passed the baton on to some other developer to take a swing at this.

10. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Seriously some of the comments here...

How many times does it need to be stated: Far Cry = Crytek, who then went their separate ways to make Crysis!
    Far Cry 2 is an unrelated developer using their own stories and engine.
    Far Cry 3 will have most in common with Far Cry 2 since it is the same engine (you could tell from the graphics and the FLASHING GOLD guns in the distance...). It seems to be the same devs as the script seems to have the same style as FC2 had.

11. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

I played the first half of Far Cry 2, (went to second area) then gave up. It it hadn't been for the re-spawning enemies, the stupid AI and weapon degradation (which has never been a good addition to a game ever) it would have been pretty good IMO. Lets hope they fix that for #3

12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

QFT. On paper it seems good but in reality it just ends up pissing people off.

13. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Couldn't get into Far Cry 2. That Malaria or whatever it was thing just annoyed the hell out of me. It didn't impress me like Far Cry or Crysis did.

Wonder when the next Doom will be out....

14. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

Far Cry 2, such love & hate; good graphics and open world gameplay killed by the incredibly stupid incurable malaria, instantly respawning guard points and the lack of mod tools to fix the issues just added insult to injury... but despite the issues I still enjoyed it. Now lets hope they learned their lesson.

15. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

16. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Far Cry 2 wasn't necessarily terrible, it just had many missing and badly thought out options. For example, the exclusion of modding made it lose all the potential it had from the first one (they have fire mods for FC1 crazy huh?) and the fact that the world wasn't constructed very well in terms of thoughtfullness really made the game horribly unplayable when one plays for a long time.

Not to mention everyone in that game is made of kevlar.

17. corzair

corzair What's a Dremel?

haha funny comments I actually thought Far Cry 2, which i played on the Xbox360, was excellent!
    Yeah it wasn't as good as any of the Far Cry 1's ie on PC and Xbox and 360 which where just awesome but Far Cry 2 was a cool experience I thoroughly enjoyed it and found it better then the block buster games of now like CODs which i find good but vapid.
    I still play some FarCry1 on pc via gog.com so this to me is a good announcement.
    just mho

18. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

So in other words they are going to try to emulate the 1st game, only it won't be as good. Oh joy :sigh:

19. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I won't deny that I enjoyed Far Cry 2, the only issue was finishing the game. It just became menial and tedious at one point because you were literally rinsing and repeating the same thing. They could've had a bit more variety in their gameplay but really what ended up happening was that the Ai was too omniscient and the chases just not engaging enough.

Tags: Add Tags