1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fashion?

Discussion in 'General' started by The_Gimpy, 9 Jan 2005.

1. fg0d

fg0d Banned

Spelling might get you into college too, :D I am pretty fashion oriented, but not too much because Im a poor SOB. Thing is, you can buy a $10 shirt, but how long do you expect that to last. Then you can buy a Lacoste $70 shirt, made from high quality cotton; how long does that last? Currently, my favorite store is Hollister, nice jeans there.

2. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

personally i think i've got my own style, and it naturally doesnt require spending lots of money - i used to spend a lot on clothes, but then i found that i preferred a lot cheaper clothes - for example - i think Levi's 526s look awesome and you can get away with them in any context - dark ones will get you into almost all clubs. They cost about 30 dollar ex. delivery from www.bargainsavenue.com. These days i literally can't imagine buying any other jeans - i look at all the old pairs of trousers in tyhe £65-£80 range and laugh at how **** they are compared to my trusty levis. As far as other things go, i generally wear converse all stars which again are about £30 a pair, although i must admit i've got the odd pair of £60-ish skate shoes. as far as tops go it's band t-shirts or work shirts all the way, along with the occasional hooded top which can run in the £45-60 range (because I buy the techy snowboard ones). My clothes money mostly goes into the latest tech snowboard jacket or trousers.

So yeah, i still think i'm a pretty ok dresser, but i dont really spend much money on clothes...

AH

3. Spiral Architect

Spiral Architect Cooked on Phonics

I like to dress smart but I don't really follow fashion. I see a lot of guys out in clubs/bars who follow fashion to the tee, and to be honest I think a lot of them look gay.

4. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

i agree :hip:

5. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

me too

6. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Where do I start...

Tescos
    Asda
    Matalan

And people complament me on my clothes sometimes...

<A88>

7. trigger

trigger Procrastinator

I like to spend money and look good, I am a bit of a label slave really. I *live* in Levis for example. But then at the same I am also wearing my "There's no place like 127.0.0.1" tee shirt (hehehe). I still get lotsof questions wearing that one. Unfortunately people tend to smile, and walk off after I tell them!

I imagine there's some kind of psychological reason behind it all, insecurities within myself, maybe trying to attract a mate, or something, but hey I'm not seeing a shrink yet, so it's all good!

8. burnoutuk

burnoutuk What's a Dremel?

Not really into fashion.. i'll wear whatever i grab first in my wardrobe.
    Need some new clothes soon. Anyone recomend any online stores for clothes? any sort of thing from hoodies to polo shirts really.

9. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Definately agree, as the masses have been shown to dress to appeal to women , ( such as wearing pastel colours etc ) it just makes the UK masses look gay, more so if you took them to a foreign country like America.

I don't follow fashion that much, sure ive bought a few things such as nice trainers but they only cost £20.
    I'm also not into spending loads on clothes, i cant see the point..
    Im currently wearing a pair of Levis for which i bought for $12 about 2 or 3 years ago while visiting america, and ive only bought two pairs of jeans since but none still are as nice and comfortable as the levis, hell they look like the faded jeans everyone else wheres atm.
    Most i have ever paid for a pair of trainers i believe was £50, most being around £20-£35 of which most have been skater shoes as they are so comfortable and i can do all the sport i want in em ( cycling and skating especially ).

10. ArtificialHero

I can't really tell whether you're using the word "gay" as an insult or are actually implying that being fashionable makes these people look homosexual, i realise i'm setting myself up for flaming but either way i think it's a rubbish thing to say - don't think i need to explain myself if it's the first case, if it's the second case, well, so what if they look like homosexuals, and exactly how does average joe homo look these days - i've got a few gay friends, and they all dress like everyone else - although perhaps slightly better groomed than most...!

anyway, rant over.
    AH

11. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

I don't give a damn about how I look at all, and I'd never spend anywhere near the amount of money that most people spend on clothes.
    I just wear what's comfortable for me, mainly jeans & a t-shirt with skate shoes (most comfortable shoes EVER period), or cargo pants or something like that.

12. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

do you shop at hot topic?

i don't follow fashion because its ********.you wear what you want when you want. why follow what some overpaid muppet says?

the most amount of money i've ever spent on clothing is my £180 on a jacket,£100 on a pair of nike pants,£130 on a pair of vans but the jacket is a Ride jacket ,the pants are nike ACG and the boots are size 12 snowboarding boots. i like spending money on stuff that stops me from dieing.

13. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

being fashoinable and spending a lot of money on clothes isnt necessarily the same thing. Some of the current "trendy fashions" just look ridiculous, and you can probably get them at -insert cheapo chav store here- just as well as more expensive stores.

wtf is with the big wooly boots pulled up over the jeans with girls? is that just nottingham or has that epidemic spread all over the country, because it looks bloody ridiculous :eyebrow:

I spend a lot of money on clothes, but i wouldnt say im trendy at all. If i see something i like, ill buy it, whether its £500 or a fiver. And for the record, TK Maxx owns :rock:

14. fuzzball172

fuzzball172 What's a Dremel?

I'm too old to be fashionable... i just look sad if i get anything remotely fashionable.... mind you, from what i've seen these youngens wearing, i'm not too bothered

Now i go for comfort and keeping my missus happy...

15. ArtificialHero

Exactly how does snowboard equipment (and to be frank, some of the worst choices of snowboard equipment i think i've ever seen) stop you from "dieing" [sic]? the only thing i can think of is that it will keep you warm and stop you from getting hypothermia, but that seems like kind of a silly thing to say...

AH

16. Mary Jo

Mary Jo oh lolz

I used to spend a fortune on clothes when I was younger. The majority of my wardrobe was all designer stuff, which frankly, was stupidly expensive and not really necessary.

Nowadays, I tend to manage by just shopping mainly in Gap with occasional big spends like my Diesel or YSL shirts.

I am fashion conscious but don't really think you need to spend very much money to look good.

17. fizban

fizban What's a Dremel?

My wardrobe pretty much consists of 'Old Navy' jeans and cargos cause they fit me the best and seem to last a while. And my tops are Polo type shirts or sweaters (if cold) for work and t-shirts (either Christian shirts or geek shirts) at home. And my current dressier shoes are a pair of slip on brown clogs and a cheap-o pair of black lace up shoes from Wal-Mart. And my tennis shoes are both New Balance, that's the only brand I've found that will last any amount of time with me and they are comfortable. Usually put a little gel in the ol' mop and try to keep it relatively short. So probably not fashionable no but definitely 'ME' :D

18. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

when you are the top of a mountain and its -16C(and snowing with a heavy chance of an avalanche) warm stuff is good. whats wrong with them? i had to get the vans since i couldn't get any other boots that fit.

19. Spiral Architect

Spiral Architect Cooked on Phonics

Bingo.

20. ArtificialHero

vans, and nike acg make some of the worst equipment i've ever seen. I've been teaching snowboarding, setting up equipment as a job, and working in shops since i was 15 (i'm now 20) so I know what i'm talking about. ride are ok, but pretty overpriced in my experience, and the one pair of ride pants i owned lasted about a week.