1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Fast Forward -Module 2-by BT-CustomPC[4/4/10-Beamer mounting Bracket- Campus Party ]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by thechoozen, 3 Feb 2010.

1. GinoTheCop

GinoTheCop MKA

Thats an awesome build.. Congrats..

2. Mach

Mach What's a Dremel?

I really like the design and the final build! The DVD mounting is very cool. Have you done any work with the Radiant acrylic yet? I've had problems with the color shifting surface chipping. It's stunning stuff to see.

3. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

love the build man:D are you going to take it to campus party?

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I'd love to see you abuse some scrap of that stuff, (If/when you get scrap.) I've wondered how well the surface holds up to glue and such. -For example: can you sandwich between layers without ruining it?

5. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

Thx m8´s!!

no unfortunately not, we hope that we can test it in the next days...but at the moment we´re also in a Contest on another Forum where we have to build another scratch build case up to the 1st of May and the Campus Party in the middle of the month (we´re trying to finish the new build until campus party to take it with us) so we have not much time left....but maybe we find a way to integrate a bit of it to the build....link

yeah i think we´re coming with Module 2 + 3 + our Cosmos Dragon Case and maybe the new Build (unnamed) :D

Really a good question...at the moment i don´t know an answer but we will test it, and then i will post some pics....:rock:
    I´ve seen several different Test Pieces which are exhibited on a local Plexi Shop so i already can say that you can make wonderful engravings in it (they look like a hologram)

6. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

now we have done the first parts :D

Link

its really nice material, but the radiant effect seems to be something like a thin foil which is attached to the plexiglas...so 1 bad scratch and the piece is ruined....

Beside that we received a package today for which we want to send a big Thank you to the People at EnWo!!!! They support our Project with their tiny LED Based HD Beamer which we will place on Top of Modul 2 instead/ and as addition to module 1.

Because we want to take the complete System with us to Campus Party next month we have to hurry a bit ....but i think we can start in the next days...(now that the final hardware part is here) but here are some first pics of it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

today we started the mounting bracket for the Beamer.....we started to cut out the first parts which will hold the Beamer like a Fork, underneath that we will place a self build hinge which allow us to turn the beamer around.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

time for another updae :thumb:

in the last days we made the next parts for the Beamer Mounting Bracket, after cutting and polishing all parts we glued together the Bracket itself so that we could continue with the lower parts which contains the ankle which allow the rotation movement....

For the lower part we already prepared nearly all parts....first we cutted a short piece of Plexiglas Tube in 2 half, after that we drilled 3 holes in one half which we then connected with a saw....

As next step we polished the half tube so that we could glue it to the bottomside of the Bracket. We also prepared a piece of plexi for mounting the ankle on it....and we also prepared the first "arms" which will hold the Beamer mounting bracket above the Top of module 2....

with a bit of luck we can manage to finish everything today so that we can move on to the Mounting bracket for Module3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

yesterday we finished most of the work on this part and assembled everything for the 1st time....before we could do that we made a "glider" which is placed betweend the locknut and the plexiglas ring....it helps with the movement of the upper part so that we avoid problems while moving. ...then we first assembled the lower base before we mounted the movable bracket on top of it......up to now everything is fine and works good...but i think we will make some more parts to connect it to the case....just to avoid any trouble with the weight of the Beamer....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. ringo

ringo What's a Dremel?

You made many thin parts for the beamer mounting bracket. That looks spacy.

11. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I'm worried. It looks like a death ray assembly. :lol: I like how you used the tubing for a tilt. Awesome.:D