1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News 'Father of PlayStation' retires from Sony

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 27 Apr 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Swafeman

Swafeman Active Member

That'll teach him

"Ridge Racer......

..... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge.... Raccceeeeeeeeeeeeeer!

Oh, nobody cares anymore :("

3. BioSniper

BioSniper New Member

Can I troll?
    I'll take your silence as a yes :p

"Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
    Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead."

Obviously I would not wish death upon him because I'm not (totally) heartless but I'm kinda glad. Though his new position surely means that he has some say in future developments in any case?

4. olly_lewis

olly_lewis New Member

Thanks for the trolling there, but the creator of two of the most popular consoles in history is no "witch" sir, though the PS3 has become a bi-word for everything bad in corporate development... but please remember: Nintendo did not invent ingenuity and they are not the gleaming entity many see it as... they were the Sony of their day and certainly were just as devious...

5. devdevil85

devdevil85 New Member

For how much profit he has brought Sony through the years of PS1, PS2 & PSP he deserves to retire whenever he pleases in my mind. I don't see this as a corporate reshuffle; "reshuffle" sounds a little too sudden and imprompt. I bet it's been in the works for a few years now and I'd call it more of a "corporate realignment or re-identification". Luckily he will still be actively participating in current/future developement, so that's a plus!

6. LVMike

LVMike New Member

well its good they are bringing some one else in, but they need to bring in new blood, someone new to Sony not a reshuffled manager from a nother department. I dont see this having much impact for a while anyway.

7. BioSniper

BioSniper New Member

It was only meant as a joke trolling (taking the wee wee out of eurogamer comments list tbh)

8. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Active Member

Whether you like the PS3 or not, there is no denying that the PS1 and 2 have certainly helped define consoles. Nintendo doesn't ever want to release mature games like GTA - and I really doubt MS would have entered the consoles if Sony had chosen to stay out - I mean Sony weakened Nintendo's grasp on consoles and essentially killed Sega (well, Sega was bound to die, and not simply because of Sony) thus leaving a market where MS could grow.

I find it a bit repulsive if your even glad to see the man leaving Sony.

L J

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

the third one is the charm..... :D

one word and a number: Manhunt 2

Tags: Add Tags