1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Fatshark: Not many people finish singleplayer games

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 19 Aug 2011.

1. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits New Member

According to WHAT statistics? I've never been polled. I finish 95% of single player campaigns I play.

2. ryan498

ryan498 New Member

I tend to finish them, unless its games like GT5, then I just go on multiplayer

3. enciem

enciem Member

Can't say i often even start the single player game if there's multi-player involved as well, though I tend to go in phases of wanting to play single player games or multi.

I reckon this dudes just trying to say something contentious so no-one mentions the heap that was lead and gold mind.

4. malcolm

malcolm New Member

I don't, but then I'm not a pimply faced 10 year old with sufficient time on my hands to work my way through them all.

However, that doesn't stop me buying them... what I am is a typical cashed up geek who buys maybe 50 games a year, even I only play them for an hour, or sometimes not at all (like that cowboy and indians GTA4 thingy sitting in my stash which actually looks kinda fun and I must get around to).

Multiplayer games, aside from 1942 and BF2, not really interested.

FWIW, I would like to see more single player games with co-op.

I don't have hours to muck about online playing games... take the single player experience away and I'll take my money away.

/edit: Admittedly those 50 games are across consoles and the PC, not 50 PC games a year.

5. Denis_iii

Denis_iii New Member

I do but due to work and other media I don't really have the time, currently have a back log of games to play (Steam sales always get me!). I will NOT buy any more until I've complete them all then will focus on a small selection with replayability such as Diablo 3, SC2, Torchlight 2, Skyrim, TF2, LFD, Guild Wars 2........to many already FFS....guess its time to grow up :/

6. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan New Member

if i can't finish it i cheat... Last game i played till the end (without cheating) was Crysis2. I liked it very much. on some points I was mesmerized by the scenery which got me killed a view times...

The game before that was the one where you where followed by a very large wheel crashing anything in his path (cant remember the name of the game) but it was also great SP experience and awesome scenery aswell.

7. Hawklan

Hawklan New Member

I can fall in that camp, usualy when boredoom or frustration sets in

8. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

There is truth in that.

Though I suspect that sometimes a lack of imagination is to blame - ideas that a certain type of game can only played a certain way. (Though, if you change it does it then fall into a different genre?)

I also prefer single player and co-op games I can play with friends. What ruins multi-player for me is (as others have mentioned) the masses of: trolls, poor losers, and (even worse) poor winners. .oO(add beggars in MMOs to that list too).

Tags: Add Tags