1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Fave Soundtracks, game or film

Discussion in 'General' started by Podge4, 12 Oct 2010.

1. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

I have a few soundtracks from when i've bought a special edition games, at the moment the only one i keep going back too is Alan Wake. I've just finished Halo: Reach and have been playing a few songs i found from that. If its a game i really want to keep and play through a few times i would be more likely to get the SE of it if it had a ost in the box (and the price wasn't much more).

With game or film ost's i am more likely now to get the original score, but it does depend on what it is i've been playing\watching, I recently bought the score to Gladiator and The Last Samurai from a charity shop. One of my fave film soundtracks is taken from Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children. I luv the music style from those sort of films, another is from a film called Casshern.

Fave composers would be John Williams, Hanz Zimmer and Danny Elfman.

2. October

October Mariachi Style

I presume you're talking more about scores and not compilation-type movie soundtracks?

Personally there's a few tracks on the Halo 3 soundtrack I love, and the Mass Effect ost is pretty awesome. The scores to the 28 movies (days & weeks) and Sunshine are amazing. walk Hard is totally awesome, as is Blade Runner, Desperado, Half Life 2 is awe-inspiring when it kicks in mid-game but I probably wouldn't stick it on in the car.... I'm quite a fan of soundtracks :D

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

My favorite sound track is MegaMan III's music. All the songs are awesome.

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Xenosaga 2 and 3 are mostly awesome but theres a few tracks that get under my skin.

batman begins and the dark knight are also good.

best soundtrack album I have ever heard has got to be that of Gundam Unicorns, sweet jesus its incredible. hairs stand on the back of my neck everytime i hear it.

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

HL2 for games, rip the audio straight from the GCF's and it's sweet as. :D

For a film? I think Gladiator has to be one of the best soundtracks, but one I actually listen to very rarely because it's recycled so often.

The Amelie soundtrack is a good listen, very French-sounding. My actual favourite? South Park's Chef Aid. Most excellent. :D

6. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Natural Born Killers
    Lost Highway
    Requiem for a Dream
    and, of course, Scarface :blah:

7. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I have the soundtracks to all C&C Titles, All Halo Titles. Both are awesome. Obviously Hell March/HM2 stand out for C&C, while the Halo Theme/Mjlolnir Mix is the bees knees.

For Movies/Television, i'm not sure anything can beat the Intro music from Band of Brothers.

Sam

8. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

I am. Not that i don't still get compilation based albums, i just prefer the score based one recently. I do love the original Transformers The Movie soundtrack, listening back to it it sound kinda cheesy 80's rock, but i still luv it.

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

StarCraft: Brood wars.
    Terran score was epic.

Other than that (and I am gonna get hung for this): Armageddon score.

10. Canon

Canon Reformed

Dave Mirra BMX soundtrack, gets gradually better.

PLAYLIST

One of my favourites from the soundtack

11. tj010480

tj010480 What's a Dremel?

Cant believe know ones mentioned any of the GTA series, gotta be vice city for me....

12. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

Little Miss Sunshine has a fantastic score/soundtrack. It's a mixture of both, really. Devotchka rearranged a bunch of their music for the movie.

13. planetary

planetary What's a Dremel?

GTA: Vice City definitely.
    All of the MGS games have amazing soundtracks, especially MGS2. <3 Harry Gregson Williams

Can't believe any of the Tony Hawks games haven't had a mention.

Film wise, Watchmen has a great soundtrack.

14. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Killer Instinct - Killer Cuts if only for the rendition of the game's intro music.
    The soundtrack for the first Mortal Kombat film was quite good, as was Labyrinth's soundtrack (mostly David Bowie... actually, I think it's all Daid Bowie :worried:).

15. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I seldom actually buy soundtracks, so I guess the ones I own are my favourites:

Magnolia - Mostly Aimee Mann
    Natural Born Killers - Various, produced by Trent Reznor
    Blade Runner - Vangelis
    One from the Heart - Tom Waits
    Drawing Restraint - Bjork

16. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

17. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Red Alert 3 and Scarface, off the top of my head.

Oh yeah!

Last edited: 12 Oct 2010
  18. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Jurassic Park comes top for me.

I tend to think most great films are paired with good soundtracks; Amadeus and Shawshank Redemption both make good use of Mozart with the latter also having a pretty decent original work as its own soundtrack. Leon's use of Sting's 'Shape of My Heart' at the end really helps make it an awesome film too; there are really far too many examples for me to list but I'll add some more if I think of anything especially poignant.

19. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Never bought a soundtrack for anything before, but I enjoyed most things from the Metal Gear Solid series as excellent background/ambiet music. Not so much for just listening to. Also enjoyed the songs for each map in BF2142. Killing Floor takes the cake, however. The best for actually listening to and also amazing for killing zombies!

Even less big on movie soundstracks, but I give the occassional listen to the K-On! character songs which aren't actually in the show but have a good sound. Also gotten quite used to the Matrix soundtrack since a friend of mine loves it.

20. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

-Inception
    -Black Hawk Down
    -Requiem for a Dream
    -Zelda and Final Fantasy played by an orchestra

That would be the ones I listen to the most.