1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Favorite BFBC2 weapon

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by The_Beast, 22 Aug 2010.

1. shadow19935

shadow19935 Whats overclocking? :D

Assault: DONT USE

Engineer: DONT USE

Medic: DONT USE

Recon: M24 :)

2. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I've been playing on a server lately that has put a Recon limit. And tbh? It's awesome! There's a lot more ground fighting going on, and MCOM stations aren't cheaply destroyed by AS after AS after AS. It's awesome!

Annoying that when I want to play as recon for a bit I can't usually, but still. Much better for teamplay!

3. Pieface

Pieface Modder

People who only stay Snipers must be the dullest people in the world. Most of them camp so much and it just gets tedious. Especially when you're trying to get to the MCOM station with 1 other person as the other 10 people on your teams are all the way across the map hoping to get a kill. They don't even bother watching over you, or the target you have just planted. I've had around 7 people sniping and 3 times I planted the bomb where it was wide in the open, and 3 times it's been defused.

4. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Yeah, it does get annoying, when I've played as a sniper, I've seen a team mate go to plant. I've called an AS on it the second he plants, by the times it's done and he's just clear, it's getting pounded by artillery. Keep my cross-hairs firmly planted on the station as well.

It's a support role, you need to support your team. I agree with you with it being boring though.

5. Zabuza

Zabuza What's a Dremel?

I love playing sniper. I 'camp' sometimes, helping with mortar strikes and spotting. I also sometimes go out in the field with a sniper rifle, sniping at close range, using sensors. The sniper kit is also the one I use with the shotgun as you can still use C4 and the sensors, where you can get close to the comms and plant C4 (nothing wrong with that).

6. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Planting C4 is the best! Stick it to an enemy! That's always worth a few chuckles. Placing it around the MCOM is good as well. It they go to disarm, detonate. Simplez :)

7. Zabuza

Zabuza What's a Dremel?

Yeah, man.

Good thing to do is:

Plant C4 on MCOM.
    Arm MCOM.
    Throw sensor down.
    Run away somewhere.
    Wait 'til you see enemy run to MCOM.
    KABOOM.

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

last night, hope everyone enjoyed being quickscoped be me with my platinum GOL :p

9. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Recon is one of the reasons I miss 2142's hay-day. It was so much less played than other classes, and also had true sneaky recon action rather than just being a re-named sniper class like it is in BC2. You could turn invisible FFS!

And tbh, I blame hardcore mode for it that. One thing they really messed up with hardcore mode is turning off 3D map markers for integral Battlefield aspects such as spotting. If I spot something in hardcore mode the only benefit is a chance for spot assist points if my target gets killed by chance. No one gets updated on what I just spotted so it's effectively useless. The recon aspect of the Recon class is lost with this. Having the zoom of a sniper scope used to mean you could spot all the enemies at a distant control point. A BC2 thing like the motion ball would actually be useful for teammates rather than a point farming tool for the Recon, or a personal enemy notification unit for the Recon only. Sadly, almost all team support aspects of Recon have been lost, and even the last sneaky aspect, C4, can usually be replaced with a mortar strike.

It's happening... the "Oh cool, a new Battlefield game!" effect is wearing off and I'm starting to miss 2/2142 :(

10. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I was playing a game, with a low level sniper with a M95 Sniper rifle. It's as if he's ALWAYS a Sniper.

11. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I hate myself for saying this but I've been playing the recon class more and more and using the scoped rifles and not the M14, and I'm enjoying it eeeekkkk

BTW I have 5 gold stars with the M14 now :rock:

Edit: I bought a mouse (M510) with a forward/back button and I can really see myself getting more kills because I can switch to the pistol so much faster. The M93R is great for CQC, the REX is great at long range and the 1911 is a mix of both

12. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Can I suggest one thing, everyone should try on Isla Inocentes or Laguna Presa in rush mode. Go engineer and use the uzi with 4x optical zoom, on defence its lethal against snipers. Funniest thing you will ever see, is you taking out snipers with an uzi then listening to them bitch about it.

13. geoboy333

geoboy333 Sometimes I say something bright...

I completed the Recon Class by rank 5. what's so shocking that some people prefer to snipe?

14. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Because it's the most overused, boring class in the entire game. I'll use it the odd time, but to be constantly using it and getting out of the way of real action is just boring, and it's weak. Most of the time they're people who are scared their precious k/d ratio won't go down.

15. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

And your name is even Shadow. You're like a walking stereotype. You know there's like 20 million noobs using that name? Or at least 19934.

ANYWAYS, i just figured out how to use the M14. IT'S AWESOME

16. Zabuza

Zabuza What's a Dremel?

Some people seem to spend time in all the wrong servers.

I have rarely been in a server where everyone is one class or someone has moaned.

The only example I can think of is the other day where a guy had 84/2 K/D.

17. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Please share the servers with recon limit! I'm so fed up with 90% of attackers in rush being hopeless, useless, camping lil prats sitting in the spawn with their stupid snipers. </rant>

By the way, that's the reason so many people hate the class. But really I think the problem isn't the recon class, it's the 65,8% of players that never even try to care about the objective. For recon-class players the percentage is about 97,3%.

18. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

93% of people pull statistics out of their asses, right?

+1 for the recon-hate.

Last edited: 5 Sep 2010
  19. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Sure, my numbers may be one or two percent off, but show me a server where there aren't atleast five useless snipers on the attacking team and I'll be massively happy for atleast fifteen minutes.

20. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Man you guys make me feel like **** even though i'm an agressive combat recon who never touches a sniper rifle