1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Anime

Discussion in 'General' started by Bentos, 12 Jan 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ive only ever bought the GsG manga and im waiting for no.2 to come out from ADV. I prefer DVDs though. I finish manga too quickly.

What'd u buy?

2. kenshin

kenshin Banned

I cant remember exactly what tom got but i go :
    Hellsing 1
    Suki 2
    Hani yori dango 1,2,3 (boys over flowers)

3. Shippo

Shippo What's a Dremel?

If ur lookin for torrents for Kiddy Grade, then goto www.boxtorrents.com and do a search for Kiddy Grade.
    Theres a torrent for all 24 eps, fansubbed by Anime Keep and ANBU. They are good fansubbers and do good quality encodes.
    These arent the american dvd rips.

4. Shippo

Shippo What's a Dremel?

If ur looking for anime torrents in general then i suggest the folowing sites:

www.animesuki.com - this site lists all unlicenced anime, meaning that it isnt available yet in America of England. You will find all kinds of anime here to suit ur needs.

www.baka-updates.com - this site lists some unicensed anime, but also lists dvd rips of licenced anime.

www.boxtorrents.com - this is a good site for batch torrents, meaning more than 1 episode at a time. This site lists unlicenced as well as licenced, it has mainly compleated series.

http://personales.ya.com/ryogax/ - This site is Kick Ass Anime's site. they do good dvd rips of the american dvds. They only have a few series' at the moment, but they release new episodes as the dvds are available in the USA.

If u cant find the anime ur looking for on animesuki, then it is most likely licenced. Try looking on the other sites ive sed about, u will most likely find them there.
    If u still cant find wot it is ur after, ask me and i will find it for u. :D

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

6. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

i got hellsing 1
    trigun 1 + 2
    ragnarok 1,2,3
    naruto 2
    chobits 1

not too bad tbh :D

7. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

chosen by you my arse

i picked them,
    i said, whaddya think
    you said, its up to you

:p

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Scrapped Princess is quality, had an evening off and watched ep 16-24 :blush:

What endings do people prefer? I have to say i like nice happy endings, but then again, they are often too cheesy and happy to make them good endings. But sad endings are often more "realistic" and better done: Read: world doesnt get remade, dead people arent revived etc
    Cause at the end of an intense series you want em to be happy, not worry about their future (?) after the events theyve gone through. But realistically (haha) that is stupid, and what happens happens - people die etc

9. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

Not sure which ones I like best, but I know which ones I hate. The ones where poeple are about to go do something, and it stops. No sequels, nothing. It just stops dead and leaves you wondering and wanting more. I hate that. It's ok if the story is going to be continued, but when the last ep ends like that, it really ticks me off.

10. kenshin

kenshin Banned

I just love endings like eva. Where it leaves you thinking wtf just happened. :eyebrow:

11. kiljoi

Have you ever seen Ninja Resurrection? That is a perfect exapmle of the ending I hate. This guys turns into Satan, him and all hi homies start whoopin' arse, and they charge off, and then it ends. It's like "What the hell? What happens next?" I hated it.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Oh for christ sake no. Eva ending sucked major wang. ESPECIALLY the end of Eva. I know its all "in his mind" and there were some superb moments when it was actually in normal reality, but all the psycho stuff really was a bunch of ****e. From about episode 24 onwards was boring, depressing, repetative (READ: SHUT THE **** UP SHINGI!). I spose it was novel in its approach and i commend it for that, but im completely opposite to all of the characters in the series (apart from Katsuragi) so that's why i think it grated me so much. At least Katsuragi had enough balls to get the job done and still remain human with her feet on the ground (more or less).
    You could tell the director didnt want to make the end of eva, but he had to, and it shows.

Sorry, /end rant about Eva.

Apparently a lot of Japanese stuff just "ends" without any sort of conclusion. Dont ask why, i dunno, maybe a cultural thing - like a "look into their lives" rather than a story.

13. kiljoi

P0wned!!!

14. kenshin

kenshin Banned

I was only joking :blush:

15. ST8

ST8 What's a Dremel?

favs:
    Shingetsutan Tsukihime
    Last Exile
    Cowboy Bebop
    ROD Ova
    Haibane Renmei

current watchings include:
    Gungrave
    Scrapped Princess
    Peace Maker Kurogane

Oh and for the record eva was a fairly mediocre series tbh, the last 4 eps made it remotely interesting. I thought the first 22 were fairly bog standard

/me dons flame proof suit

:p

Last edited: 16 Apr 2004
  16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

:blush: OOoops hehehe. /gets off soap box and waits for Eva lovers to decend on thread :D

Ive still yet to watch ^^ but i really want to cause its meant to be similar to PMK.

17. ST8

ST8 What's a Dremel?

Shingetsutan Tsukihime was fantastic tbh, really good series, only 12 eps tho :(

wouldnt really say it was like pmk, its quite mysterious and more in depth than pmk...

18. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

i like eva, but i agree end of was a bit :eyebrow:

hopefully get the 5th cowboy bebop dvd this week

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

aye. Dont get me wrong, i really enjoyed the first 23 eps, but i think if it hadnt been one of my first anime's ive seen then i wouldnt have liked it as much.

PMK is based on the Shingetsutan too right? I just assumed it would be similar (although obviously not the same story).

20. ST8

ST8 What's a Dremel?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.