1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Anime

Discussion in 'General' started by Bentos, 12 Jan 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenshin

kenshin Banned

Dont you think that the ending few eps of PMK reminded me of kenshin ovas? I know they were about the same thing but with different viewpoints but the way it was drawn and handled, it seemed very similar.

2. ST8

ST8 What's a Dremel?

I havnt watched the kenshin ovas yet but the style of pmk did remind me of the kenshin tv series, and they both heavily feature the shinsengumi.

3. kenshin

kenshin Banned

Go get the kenshin ovas NOW! This was some of the first anime i watched and it really got me into it :) PMK= army viewpoint Kenshin = rebel viewpoint

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yes, im getting confused with the long names :blush:

Havent seen Kenshin, will add it to my EVER SO LONG LIST

5. Shippo

Shippo What's a Dremel?

UK Anime Release Schedule

This info is from MVM's site. There are some titles that i am pleased to see on the UK release list.

19th April Najica Blitz Tactics - Vol. 2 ADV Films
    19th April Angelic Layer vol. 1: Divine Inspiration ADV Films
    19th April Full Metal Panic - Mission 04 ADV Films
    19th April Rahxephon - Vol. 5: Dissonance ADV Films
    19th April Zaion: I Wish You Were Here vol.1 - Epidemic ADV Films
    26th April Orguss 02 Manga
    26th April New Dominion Tank Police Manga
    26th April .hack//SIGN volume 1 Bandai
    26th April .hack//SIGN volume 2 Bandai
    April Porco Rosso Buena Vista
    April Whisper of the Heart Buena Vista
    10th May Ninja Scroll TV volume 1 MVM
    10th May Sailor Moon volume 11 MVM
    10th May Tenchi Muyo volume 1 MVM/Pioneer
    10th May Twilight Of The Dark Master MVM
    10th May Armitage III Polymatrix MVM/Pioneer
    24th May Fist Of The North Star TV Series Box Set Manga
    24th May Ghost Sweeper Mikami Manga
    24th May AD Police Manga
    7th June Ninja Scroll TV volume 2 MVM
    7th June Serial Experiments Lain volume 4 MVM
    7th June Kiddy Grade volume 1 MVM/Funimation
    7th June Fruits Basket volume 2 MVM/Funimation
    7th June Psycho Diver Soul Siren MVM
    June Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex volume 1 Manga
    5th July Tenchi Muyo volume 2 MVM/Pioneer
    5th July Ninja Scroll TV volume 3 MVM
    5th July Sailor Moon volume 12 MVM
    5th July Kiddy Grade volume 2 MVM/Funimation
    5th July Golgo 13: Queen Bee MVM
    July Dead Leaves Manga
    August Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex volume 2 Manga
    September Only Yesterday Buena Vista
    September Pom Poko Buena Vista
    November Nausicaa Valley of the Wind Buena Vista
    November My Neighbour Totoro Buena Vista
    Unscheduled Kino’s Journey ADV Films
    Unscheduled Magical Shopping Street Abenobashi ADV Films
    Unscheduled Sakura Diaries ADV Films
    Unscheduled Sakura Wars TV ADV Films
    Unscheduled Evangelion: Director's Cut ADV Films
    Unscheduled You're Under Arrest - mini-specials ADV Films
    Unscheduled You're Under Arrest - The Movie ADV Films
    Unscheduled Rune Soldier ADV Films
    Unscheduled Azumanga Daioh ADV Films
    Unscheduled Mazinkaiser ADV Films
    Unscheduled Cosplay Complex ADV Films
    Unscheduled Blue Seed 2 ADV Films
    Unscheduled Original Dirty Pair: Project EDEN ADV Films
    Unscheduled Sorcerer Hunters: OVA Collection ADV Films
    Unscheduled Neo Ranga ADV Films
    Unscheduled New Cutey Honey ADV Films
    Unscheduled Mega Zone ADV Films
    Unscheduled Bast of Lemon ADV Films
    Unscheduled Birth ADV Films
    Unscheduled Ramna 1/2 movies MVM
    Unscheduled Adventures of the Mini-Goddess MVM/Pioneer
    Unscheduled Tenchi Muyo Movies MVM/Pioneer
    Unscheduled Memories Columbia Tristar
    Unscheduled The Cat Returns Optimum

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

To be honest, i find region 2 releases poor in comparison to region 1.

R1 are out first, have more extras and are cheaper including delivery costs. Sorry to the British Anime Industry - but until you pull your head out you're ass you wont be getting my money unless its on special offer in HMV and im in a good mood.

EDIT: You've just reminded me to find "Whisper of the Heart" - prequal to "The Cat Returns"

7. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

where do you get ur reg1 from again bindi?

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

dvdpacific.com

9. kenshin

kenshin Banned

bah i either need to get a multiregion dvd player or set up a htpc downstairs... :idea:

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

RPC1 will do. All my Ronin DVD players and my Pioneer DVD drives are, the only one i cant is my Hitachi/LG DVD player on my lappy. :waah: The disks dont have RPC check on them.

11. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

my goodmans is multiregion, so are both the drives on my pc.

bindi, whats the price limit for imported dvds before you have to pay duty on them?

and on a different note, naruto 78 + 79 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :rock:

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

£17.50, never paid import tax

13. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

but apparently you do on ones for £19.99 :S

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You dont understand, ive spent hundreds of pounds and never had to pay for gifts They send em out a CD at a time mostly, so it never amounts to anything customs bothering.

15. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

even though i have a heap of new anime to watch, yesterday, i found myself drawn to watching neon gen again. i can get back to watching anime now as my exams finished friday, yay!

new naruto has been so very good, 78&79 probably the best episodes ive seen in a while. Plus the upcoming episodes will be superb, as the manga gets really minty.

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Mmm minty fresh :D Still havent got back into it since a couple of weeks ago, find myself swamped with work and not feeling in the mood. You ever fall "out" of it for a while? Im keeping up with stuff like GITS 2nd GiG and FMA but i cba to get into a new series. Got another 4 gig of get backers to finish, and just finished Tsukihime yesterday ready to watch and i wanna finish off Kiddy Grade but cba :/ 5 weeks till my exams n all.. actually i watch MORE anime during my revision than when im at uni LOL
    I promise ill catch up with naruto during the summer, i feel so left out :waah:

17. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

i know what you mean, ive not watched an entire series for a while, and the last one i watched was happy lesson advance, which doesnt have a great story and its just funny. so to get me back into the swing of things, i decided to go "old skool" and re-watched a more enthralling anime. will probably re-watch trigun and cowboy bebop aswell, just waiting for the dvds to arrive.

when im back in the mood, ill start ploughing through the new stuff ive got.

im still watching naruto every week, and ive got to catch up with FMA and also sailormoon live action :D

kiddy grade is defo worth finishing, the ending is really good. and get backers is just plain cool, akubane is my fave character.

and you are missing out with naruto, theres even a film coming out in japan in august.

18. Shippo

Shippo What's a Dremel?

Hey Nick! Glad to see u finally decide to watch Sailor Moon Live Action! :D
    and Fullmatal Alchemist is well worth watchin.
    Naruto has been awwesome the past few eps, and if the manga is ne thin to go by (which it is) then the next lot of eps is gonna continue this awesome streek.

Ive just started watchin Kiddy Grade myself from where i left off months ago, i restarted at ep 14. i still remember wot happened even tho it was well b4 Christmas that i stopped watchin it.

Other 'new' series that ive been watchin are:

Tenjou Tenge: set in a school with the martial arts clubs fighting for supremicy if the school. worth downloading.

Bakuretsu Tenshi: kind of a mix of GiTS, and Bubblegum Crisis kind of. (well thats the way i see it) the first 2 eps r brilliant. worth downloading

Kono Minikuku Mo Utsukushii Sekai (This Beautiful And Ugly World): this is about a boy who finds a girl who came from space because she was lonely. this boy also has a power to transform himself into a demon type thing to protect the girl from other demons. very good worth downloading.

Monster: about this brilliant doctor called Tenma, who has to opperate on a boy with a bullet wound to the head. the chief surgeon wants him to opperate on the mayor of the city who came in after the boy. Dr. Tenma dissobeys the order and opperates on the boy, which damages his chance of becoming the doctor that he wanted to be. The doctors above Dr. Tenma all start dying off and Dr. Tenma is accused of the murders. Very good stortline well worth downloading. the first 3 eps are out at the moment and ther series id 70 eps long!!!

Ragnarok The Animation: this is based on the MMORPG Raganrok: Online which itself is based on the ragnarok manga. its ur basic adventure style anime. magic, swords, thiefs that sort of stuff. worth getting if u like that kind of thing.

Great Teacher Onizuka Live Aation: based on the manga, made before the anime. Very, Very good series, one of the best live action manga ive seen. Definately worth downloading

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Im aquiring 2 and 3 off your list, they look good but ive only flicked through episodes thus far.

20. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

Hey guys,
    Just watched up to 10 of Naruto, and I'm urkin' for more. Seen up to 27 of FMA, looking for more of that too. Saw the first ep of E's Otherwise, and it looks pretty good, so I'm gonna start that one. Found the begining of Wolf's Rain, so gonna start that soon. Shadow skill is also very good. Gonna check out X tv, Hellsing, Record of Lodoss War TV, and both seasons of Those Who Hunt Elves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.