1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Anime

Discussion in 'General' started by Bentos, 12 Jan 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

Cowboy Bebop. I'm not you're typical American anime fan, I just like CB because it was the first anime that stirred something in me. When Spike explains the way he fights, it's as if he described an entire way of life, and since then I've been moving towards a life such as that.

Other faves:
    Gunslinger Girl: I saw 6 eps of this, are there ANY more?? I love this series, its so great. I was considering writing a short story sort of based on that, but I'll leave it to them...great execution.
    FLCL: I saw the first ep and it left me speechless. I was like "WTF" and it all went downhill from there.
    Trigun: OMG YES that is one of my most FAVORITE animes.
    Evangelion: Well, it was a great anime, but my thoughts tend to wane when I think about it now. I mean, I was thrilled with it when I first saw it, but now I'm kinda like meh. Still ranks high on my fave list though.

I plan to get the uber-collector editions when I have some money, i.e. the boxed CB, the collectors edition of evangelion (with bag, everything), etc, etc.

What I really want is more info on Gunslinger Girl. Anyone?

2. ChillingSP

ChillingSP What's a Dremel?

My gosh, I was forgetting the best serie ever made: Future boy Conan.
    It is a bit old but it super-rocks even now :rock:

3. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

ive not seen future boy conan, whats it about?

oh, im 7 eps in of rahxephon, and its is really cool. its very comparable to neon gen, but so far its less harrowing. hopefully it will continue being awesome, and have the usual twist towards the end.

talking of eva, anyone heard any news on the live action version?

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

9 episodes out atm, 13 in the series someone said. Ive read its one of those series thatll not come to any sort of conclusion which us westerners hate unfortunatly. I have torrents for 7-9 if u want.

ADV-manga sell the manga to gunslinger girl too - i popped into forbidden planet on saturday and picked up a copy, finished it before i went to bed :D tis quality, although mirrors the series.

Dont talk to me about live action eva, it disgusts me. :grr: If they wanted todo live action - DO MACROSS/ROBOTECH!!

5. ChillingSP

This is from animeinfo:

Despite warnings from scientists that the earth’s axis would be twisted, two big nations engage in a magnetic war. Earthquakes and tidal waves destroy civilization.

20 years after the catastrophe, a handful of children and other survivors manage to live on earth.

Among the survivors are those who were responsible for the destruction. They plot to rule the world. Conan and his friends fight against such evil forces using their super powers of telepathy and telepotion, which enable them to communicate with animals.

A drama of friendship and adventure directed by Hayao Miyazaki, one of the most widely-acclaimed animation artists.

I saw Laputa last weekend and some of the characters are nearly identical :)

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ooooo i was laughing my ass off reading that until i read Mayazakis name and i think i may have a nose into it now :blush:

HAHAHAHA! That sounds so pathetic. "Fighting the evil meglomaniacs using telepathy and teleportation whist communicating with animals.." :rolleyes:

7. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

if im in one of my "i want to watch weird laffable anime" moods, then i'll have a look at future boy conan, until then, its more rahxephon for me.

bindi, some of the nge live action concept art is awesome, a very cool pic of eva-01 is in this months newtype-usa.

and yes, other live actions would have been cool, but nge is huge in the states, so of course it would be that to get a live action. it could be worse, have you seen sailor moon live action?!

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Concept art looks good but its WRONG!! ITS ALL WRONG! Dont touch what is good. Rei just lost her innocence :grr:

Sailor Moon, no, im not going there either.

Macross live action would ROCK! :rock: f00's

9. ChillingSP

The telepathy thing is quite marginal and the real plot is interesting (compared to other ones).
    Some scenes are really really funny and the animation is very good.
    Don't underestimate this anime, it is a little jewel ;)

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

K ill look it up :D

/me checks animenfo... 1978!! Since when has anything pre-90s been well animated? But i have heard of this, its still Mayazaki did before he started making films.

11. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

ok, i have 2 more eps of rahxephon to watch. so far its been really good, a bit strange in places, but i think ive followed whats been going on.

will prob watch the last 2 tonight, after ER and Frasier, and maybe sex in the city, damned american sitcoms, taking up my anime watching time.

12. Tau

Tau Sharingan!

Anyone else remember Mysterious Cities of Gold? It was barely anime... in fact, was it even Japanese?

13. Bluebark

Bluebark What's a Dremel?

Well...Here's one for ya. While most of you guys were mere tadpoles I was sitting in front of the Black & White TV watching Astro Boy.

Top That...

P.S. For those of you that have never seen a Black & White TV. It is just like todays TVs with no color.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

My parents had one for many years. With an analouge tuner for chanenls... infact, i think they STILL have it in their bedroom for a TV :eeek:

Ive seen info on astro boy.. looks, uhh.. interesting :eyebrow:

15. Bluebark

Bluebark What's a Dremel?

If I'm not mistaken it was one of the first Anime series that hit the market and when I was a kid there was not mush to watch except for Capt. Kangaroo and Sally Star…

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

:eeek: O-M-G!

There's over 8000 people at this moment in time sharing 1 fansub version of ep18 of full metal alchemist!

8 THOUSAND! And thats not including other fansubbers or people who have completed it and stopped sharing. Seriously popular series!

17. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

finished watching rahxephon a while back, very cool ending. i can now clearly see how it got compared with evangelion.

am half way through ground defense mao-chan, which is very funny. theyre only 12 minute episodes though, so will start watching something new soon.

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ive on ep 4 of last exile, lookin good so far and ive got final fantasy unlimited, witch hunter robin and wolfs rain to watch too :eeek:

Gonna be easter before i finish at this rate :blush:

12 minute epsiodes? what can happen in that time considering intros are usually 90seconds.

19. Tau

Tau Sharingan!

Wolf's Rain is pretty good... though it did get somewhat boring towards the end

20. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

they can usually fit quite a bit in a 12min ep, its a funny anime, not much of a plot, so its usually one adventure per episode.

and i recommend witch hunter robin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.