1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Anime

Discussion in 'General' started by Bentos, 12 Jan 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K

K 528491

They already did that, it's called Top Gun :hehe:

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

HAHAHA! :hehe: :D

Seriously; i mean proper CG stylee planes like in Zero and decent, perhaps not so popular actors.

3. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

Never got into an anime series. Never really watched any series for that matter. But I just got 4 new anime DVDs this past weekend.

Vampire Hunter D
    Vampire Hunter D-Bloodlust
    Ninja Scroll
    Perfect Blue

Vampire Hunter D has always been my favorite anime movie. Bloodlust was a good followup to it also. Ninja Scroll is a fairly decent, lots of violence and typical anime sex. Perfect Blue is an awesome psycho-thriller that follows the life of a singer who moves to movies. The sick plot of the movies starts bleeding over into her normal life. Good watch if you like movies that make you think a little bit.

I need to add to my collection. Still need the basics like Akira and GITS. Some recommendations would be welcome. Not a love story freak. I like the action movies and fantasy type movies.

4. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

ive seen all youve mentioned except vamp d - bloodlust, will have to watch that at some point.

perfect blue was great, very cool. a film by the same director which is also very good, less insania tho, is 'Millenium Actress', i can recommend that.

if you want some real cool films, then i suggest you get a hold of:
    Spirited Away - absolutely awesome, defo a fantasy film. it won an oscar, what more can i say
    Golgo 13: The Professional - so cool, killing in cool ways aplenty
    X - elemental powers, cool story, end of world stuff.

thats all i can think of for now, i suggest you watch some series as well, they rock.

im not watching a series atm, got to peruse my collection, hmm.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Dont watch X the movie without seeing the TV series first, itll not make sence and youll think its crap.. not that im a fan of the TV series either mind.

Ive not seen vampire d, but i have seen bloodlust - very good.

6. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

you are right, the film doesnt make much sense, but as the TV series was made after the film (iirc) then despite the vast explanation that the series gives, chronologic viewing is preferred.

but thats just me.

still hunting for something to watch, any idea bindi ? youre last suggestion of rahxephon was a good one.

7. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

well after much waiting, i can finally start watching a new series. this time, i have chosen Ninja Scroll TV, ive seen the film, and that was hella-cool, so the tv series should be good.

oh, naruto keeps getting better and better, all leading up to a huge fight, yay.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Oh crap sorry i missed ur reply! :blush: :blush:

Uh, witch hunter robin? (looks great, ive got the first 2 DVDs coming next week :D)

final fantasy unlimited?? (actually looks crap, watched the first episode and was unimpressed)

wolfs rain (looks good, not seen in any detail)

LAST EXILE! (MUST MUST MUSTTT watch)

Full metal alchemist? ROD TV? (ep 21 and 22 are out today! WOOT!) Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien (lovey story which is all a bit too serious tbh, but its kinda wierd cause this guys gf gets ****ted by a car 2 episodes in. :rolleyes: but one of the characters is a Chidori Kaname rip from FMP :grr: . Its entertaining enough. EDIT: Ok, out of 3 episodes there's been sex in 2!? And im assuming she died in the last one?! I dont mean to laugh but its compeltely random).

GITS:SAC Ep3 is out since last week - BEST DAMN EPSIODE *EVER*. Great new intro which really fits the music well, and O-M-G is she hot :naughty:

Also Gunslinger Girl finish and i was almost in tears :blush: twas very moving.

Havent seen ninja scroll tv series, tell me if its as good as the movie.

Last edited by a moderator: 22 Feb 2004
  9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

10. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

no worries, i managed to find something all by myself.

- witch hunter robin was a very cool series
    - dont like final fantasy unlimited, the first few eps arent great
    - dont have wolfs rain, nor last exile, but will be getting them when i go home at easter.

full metal alchemist, and the rest i'll start watching when the series is complete. tis the same with GITS: SAC, when theyre all released i shall watch them.

gunslinger girl is a defo possibility after ninja scroll tv. have heard good things about it.

the wallpaper is really good, i like it, so do my mates. and yes, she is the hotness.

edit: ooh, if you havent already check out the trailer for "appleseed 2004" (torrent on suprnova), its soo pretty, and like GITS: Innocence, is all cg and is out in japan this april.

Last edited: 22 Feb 2004
  11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea seen the appleseed trailor. Wasnt a fan of the original at all, but that looks like the bits. :rock: although its still nothing compared to GITS2 imo.

12. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

i think the same, gits2 looks a lot better graphically, but i can see appleseed being rammed full of immense action sequences, plus it combimes 2 types of cg, cell shading, and plain 'ol fashioned pretty cg.

i really want to see both at a cinema, but i doubt either with get a release in the UK. grrr

13. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but Akira is the best anime movie...I hate HATE anime; but I absolutely love Akira.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Cant please everyone.

Bentos - i should probably do the same as you and wait for the full series to come out, im giving myself an ulcer with ROD TV atm cause i have to wait 2 weeks between each pair of episodes :(. Its up to 22 atm so only 4 more, which is a MONTH! :waah:

15. kenshin

kenshin Banned

Ive seen all of ROD tv :p

16. Tau

Tau Sharingan!

You hate anime yet you like Akira? Akira is anime... therfore you like anime :p Seriously though, maybe you just haven't found an anime series that you like?

17. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Akira is the only anime film that I've ever liked...no offence to anyone here but ANIME SUCKS, in my opinion. But to each is own I suppose.

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Which is a phyiscal impossibility since it hasnt actually all aired in Japan yet.

Aright Jess, i think we got your point Mr "Live Action". :rolleyes:

19. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

well as i had the day off uni (strikes and such), i got the chance to eat lots of pancakes and watch all of ninja scroll tv:

it was really good, a heap load of action, (similar to the film) a story line that isnt overall great, it just tends to lead you through the series but jubei is awesome. hes so cool, plus he gets to fight a whole host of weird looking monster-type people. oh, the old monk dude is in this aswell as the film. worth watching.

being as i also have tomorrow off, im gonna start watching either E's otherwise or perhaps Geneshaft. anyone seen either of these?

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Nope.

/me continues to hug Last Exile and Witch Hunter Robin DVD box sets the postie just delivered :D :blush: :blush:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.