1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Anime

Discussion in 'General' started by Bentos, 12 Jan 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alekin

Alekin Minimodder

CHOBITS!! I love it, and ive got another 6 episodes to go... Ghost in the shell (movie) and akira, havent seen may others but im gonna start watching witch hunter robin and full metal alchemist soon.. are they any good?

Alex

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

FMA is great :D only 20 eps out atm, you might wanna wait till the first series has been completely aired first. WHR, ive only just seen the first episode on the DVD today, aparently its a little slow up until ep 10-12 as it trys to get character development in before the main plot twists but i think its great even now, kinda semi-gothy-xfiles-type-anime-thing. Dubs pretty good, although a few conversations sound mundane.

3. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

chobits rocked, very cool ending. witch hunter robin is really good, glad youre enjoying it bindi. it is a tad slow to start off with, but later on the action gets really good, i recommend watching a fansubbed version, but thats cause i hate dubs.

not seen FMA, have heard good things about it from my friends. will check it when i get back home at easter.

am watching E's otherwise atm, bit of a nothingy anime so far, hopefully they'll be a big plot development soon

4. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

updaticle:

e's otherwise was ok, not a great ending, but worth watching.

gunslinger girl was awesome, such a good story and a great finale, bit sad tho.

going to find something else to watch, not sure what yet, but i'll find something

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You can start to watch Read or Dream TV and FMA at the end of this month because they both finish. I gurentee youll thouroughly enjoy both :D

Tempted to look into Chobits and Gungrave sometime soon, maybe in the summer though cause ive got so much work todo atm.

6. Alekin

Alekin Minimodder

Chobits came to a fantastic close last week, i thoroughly enjoyed it. Great ending. Definetly a reccomended series to watch. Im watching a fansubbed version of Witch Hunter Robin now. Im up to episode 7 but as Bentos said it can be a bit slow and mundane at times.

Bindi, where'd u get ur Witch Hunter Robin DVD From?

Alex

7. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

id have to say:

initial D
    Naruto
    FMA
    FMP
    Cowboy bebop
    Hell sing
    NGE
    Vandread
    Scryed
    Argentosoma (bit NGEeaque, but i like it ;))
    Saiyuki :thumb:
    Transformers
    X-TV

and as for movies:

Akira
    Shadow Scroll
    Ninja Scroll
    Armitage poly/dual matrix
    Cowboy bebop
    Transformers :D
    Street Fighter 2
    GITS

those r off the top of my head, cant think of any more atm :S

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

dvdpacific.com

Best and cheapest place on the net for anime. I get box sets so have to import them cause "the uk market isnt ready for box sets" apparently. They are also about 20-50% cheaper INCLUDING delivery costs than over here and you never pay import fee's cause they tend to send em one at a time = <£17. Nicest damn customer service ive ever had too :thumb:

Ive spent ~£250 since jan on 21 DVDs and 4 box sets - the box's are well worth the cash for collectability alone, but you get loads stuff in em.

9. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

Just saw the first two episodes of Gungrave last night. Liked it alot. Need to watch the rest today. Any recommendations for good action anime?

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

ghost in the shell - stand alone complex, for political/future action.

what like action? constant action? ive not seen gungrave yet so i dunno what u mean.

11. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

Seen ghost in the shell the movis, not the standalone. Things along the lines of Ninja Scroll, Ninja Resurrection, Akira, Those Who Hunt Elves, Master of Mosquiton, Mobile Siut Gundam, Blue Submarine No.6. Midevil (sp?) action is always good, but I like the futuristic stuff too.

12. Tau

Tau Sharingan!

Just started watching FMA... well, i've seen the first episode. Looks very good and I shall watch the rest shortly... when I've got my damn work out the way!

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

If you can hold off about a month, do so and watch it all once it's all been aired. 23 is out this saturday which means only another 3 weeks after that, otherwise youll be like me and scratching your eyes out until monday/tuesday everyweek for my fix.
    Im so supprised noone has lisenced this yet!? :eyebrow:

14. Tau

Tau Sharingan!

I've only watched 5 episodes so far, but I love it! Its really really good :D If only I had time to watch them all now

15. Alekin

Alekin Minimodder

Thanks mate. Also, where is everyone getting FMA from? Ive only got the episodes a mate put on cd (1-17) at the mo.

Alex

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

baka-updates.com, check it every mornin

17. Alekin

Alekin Minimodder

Thanks mate, i will

Alex

18. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

or go into #anime-keep on rizon ;)

use the bots :D

19. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I've just started warming up on anime with akira and cowboy bebop and im liking it a lot. At the moment though, I'm looking round for other stuff to get and I'm totally avoiding anything without english dubs cos I dont like subtitles. Am I going to have to get used to subtitles? Am i missing out on much?

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Youll have to get used to it if you want fansubs. Ive only ever found one dual audio fansub, and i still bought it on DVD.

All the *proper* DVDs (not HK bootlegs) have english dubs, but stuff like Hellsing NEED to be seen subbed cause the dub is sooo frikkin poor. I can sympathise though, i hate spending more time reading and less time watching the animation. Although if u like the series, as i always say the DVDs are worth buying for the extras alone usually, speshally the box sets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.