1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Ferrari with 6 Tailpipes?

Discussion in 'General' started by mctigger, 11 Jun 2008.

1. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

yes, i'm a big fan of the Zoner. it's like a heavier batmobile.

2. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

More than 4 tailpipes is wrong, even 4 looks wrong most of the time to me.

The best number of pipes is 2 as long as one is on each side rather than a single twin exit.

3. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

I prefer the stock exhaust.

Loud exhausts are cool, sound nice & racy, but after a week of that noise it just gets damn annoying, for a daily driver anyway. And to be fair, they only revved the standard exhaust slowly, with alot of holding the motor at constant revs, making the car sound boring. But with the aftermarket exhausts, it was mainly idle then sharp big revs, typical before and after style advertising tactics really.

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

The problem with all of those systems is they sound ridiculous at normal cruising speed. It's alright if you've got a 360CS or something for hammering about the Nurgburgring, but for a normal Ferrari, driving around town (say), it'll be annoying. That's my view anyway.

I've nothing against performance exhausts, but sometimes they go too far. :)

5. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I however completely disagree, and would rather not even have the stereo in that sort of car. How can you get bored of that kinda noise?
    :hehe:

6. Krikkit

I don't get bored of a wonderful V8-soundtrack, but I would be driven completely and totally insane by that ridiculous boom at low revs.

7. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I sometimes wish I could turn off my exhaust then at other times I really enjoy listening to it even though it's only a 4 cylinder.

8. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Quiet exhausts, loud induction noise and straight cut gearboxes are where its at.

9. Krikkit

Bit of a noob question, but what's the difference between a straight-cut, and normal? (i.e. helical cut I assume, or do they mix the two?)

10. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Helical is the normal cut, which is quieter, but results in more tranmission losses. Straight cut gears stand up to more abuse, and make that whining noise you hear coming from 'proper' track cars. Reverse is straight cut on most cars.

Helical:
    [​IMG]
    Straight Cut:
    [​IMG]

11. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Xen0, my mates just have a Quaife diff and it has that whirring, so sweet :D

12. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Good stuff :thumb:/

13. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

To those who have said they prefer the stock exhaust because it's better on a daily driver or for around town. This is a Ferrari 360, why on Earth would you be pootling around in it or using it as a daily driver?

14. Krikkit

Why the hell not? Buy it, use it, love it. Don't keep it for the weekend, get the pleasure all the time.

15. NiHiLiST

I'm all for using a daft car as a daily driver, but doing a lot of miles in a Fezza would be pretty financially crippling to a lot of owners. And I reckon most of the people who would be willing to make the compromise wouldn't mind their exhaust being a bit noisy ;)

Just my two penneth anyway, if I happened to own one I certainly wouldn't leave the standard exhaust on. Each to their own and suchlike. Then again, having driven a 360 I don't think I'll be buying one even if I do come into a vast sum of money.

16. Krikkit

I don't think that if you can afford a spangly fezza to keep for the weekends the upgrade to a daily driver would make much difference.

Not trying to be nasty here, just debating what many of us would love to have to decide about. Personally I wouldn't like a 360, I'd take an F430 though, especially the Scuderia, although I'd be sorely tempted by the new Maserati GT-S, in blue, with red leather seats... Or maybe a Gallardo Superleggera in mind-melting orange. :D

17. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

While i like Ferrari's in general, especially some of the older models, and including some of the newer stuff, i still wouldn't buy one, why you ask, well, because i would have an Aston Martin DB9, or a beautiful old DB4.
    Although, going back to exhausts, you don't need a new exhaust system for the noise, just a nice long tunnel:clap: and let’s face it, whether it's an Aston, Ferrari, Lambo or Porsche, they all have their own distinct soundtrack.

Sam

18. NiHiLiST

I think some people underestimate just how expensive the maintenance is on a car like that. I reckon most people that can afford to buy one new would have a nice selection of cars available to pick and choose from as the mood takes them. Used they can be had for the cost of a high-end German saloon but will cost a lot more to maintain and run.

*looks outside at his few grands worth of Toyota*

19. Krikkit

True, the running costs are incredibly high, are they more than a 2nd decent car? (After all, most people won't be keeping a newish Ferrari for weekends and a Focus for the weekday)

It's wonderful to speculate about being rich, life always comes back with a bump though... *eyes 60 snarling italian horses outside*

20. NiHiLiST

No no no, for tunnels you need a TVR :D I heard a certain Cerbera in Paris this April that will stay with me forever, never heard anything like that at full chat in a tunnel and there were quite a few tasty cars there!

Tags: