1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Ferrari with 6 Tailpipes?

Discussion in 'General' started by mctigger, 11 Jun 2008.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I've never heard one in a tunnel, but I was overtaken by a Sagaris not so long ago and the sound was utterly unbelievable. I can only imagine how nice that sounded...

2. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

I've been lucky enough to be out on runs through tunnels with some seriously nice metal (Lambos, Nobles, Ferraris etc) and that Cerb blew everything else away for me, it sounded disgusting.

3. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

You know, I think if I ever managed to gather £100,000 on a car, I don't think I could actually buy a Ferrari. Its the car of dreams, which you have loved since they day you were born, but if I bought a new car, I would buy an Aston, or if I forget to grow up (which is probable), a Lambo. If I bought an old car, I might buy a DB4, an E-Type, a 300sl, or an old Ferrari - I'd probably buy a new car first though...

The only thing I've ever been in a tunnel in is a Lambo Diablo... And that, my friends, is the substance of dreams.

4. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Even civics with a loud exhaust & induction sound pretty cool in a tunnel :hehe:

For me, putting a loud exhaust on a car, be it ferrari or civic, just screams "look at me please" If it's a track car ok, but if you have cash, and want to drive a nice car around everyday, such as an austin martin, or ferrari, or lambo, or amg, or m5, whatever, then it's alot more classy to keep the car sounding civil. For me it's nice to have the exhaust just loud enough that you can barely hear the tone/beat of the motor at small throttle openings, and it only gets loud when you are hammering.

The sort of people that can afford to buy & run these cars, wont be commuting in peak hour traffic everyday either. And even if you can only afford to have it as a weekend only car, why not keep it classy?

When i was younger i was guilty of having some loud cars, complete with boom boxes, and the handbrake got used as much as the indicators, i guess i'm just getting old now or something :worried:

5. Risky

Risky Modder

Agreed, but then my idea of a cool car would be a de-badged RS6 so look-at-me isn't quite my style.

AS for noise, I do agree the V8 noise from my wife's S5 is rather addictive but that's more from the the engienthan the exhaust.

Last edited: 18 Jul 2008
  6. RTT

RTT #parp

I see Ferraris, Lambos, R8s, Maseratis, etc etc on a daily basis being used as daily drivers. It doesn't appear to be financially crippling any of them.. :brrr:

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I know what he means - I see exotica driven about every day, but it's a smaller percentage than the usual buyer, because they're expensive cars to run day-in day-out. A lot of people are well heeled enough to own a Ferrari, not many can stomach the servicing, maintenance and fuel costs of running it 10,000 miles a year. :)

8. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

My single 1/4" tail pipe rocks! Take that you super car! :D

9. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

<Southpark> I have created a monkey with SIX asses! </Southpark>

Tags: